Can you put El Glo Gauges over aftermarket gauges??

Travs00GT

Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
Columbus, NC
I want to get some el glo gauges but I already have a set of MAC white gauge faces and I know the El Glos are "overlays" and are made to overlay the factory gauges. Anyone ever did this over a set of white gauges?? Or atleast know if it works?

Thanks
Travis

• Sponsors (?)

I have those gauges, they fit fine over the stock ones on my 96'. Are your Mac gauges already layed over your stock ones, or are they replacements? I think if you already have the Mac ones over the stock ones, then add the El Glow gauges it might rub the needles and keep them from moving. If you are just laying them over stock gauges they work fine.

This is all a thickness issue. I think ... key word: think ... that you could. However you would likely have to pull up the needles a bit. When I installed my gauges, I had to do that and there seemed like a lot of room to pull on the needles. I would definitley suggest copious use of two-sided tape to keep everything lying flat.

Thanks guys, I just wasnt sure if they woiuld look right over the MACS or not. Thickness shouldnt be an issue because you take the factory sticker gauges off before you install the MACS so it should be just like me installing them over the factory ones "thickness" wise. I was just wondering if the white on white makes them look different at night or during the day but I guess it doesnt.

Thanks again,
Travis