Car gets painted next week, need opinion on custom paint work.

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
My car finally gets painted next week. I was debating over a little custom paint. To make a long story short the guy lowered his price for me so now its just deciding what to go with.

As of right now im having a real thin realistic lightning put on the hood. Its going to work it way over the hood onto the front fenders and part way onto the doors. Well the guy doing the work asked me if wanted it to be like ghost flames (I guess you would call it ghost lightning :shrug: ) or if i wanted it to be like straght up silver or whatever?

Im sure there will be a few people on here that say this is a little too ricer like, but the guy is doing it for 300 over the price of the orignal paint job.. That and its paint and not stickers decals. He told me 700 the first time but i got to be pretty good friends with him so he just charging me another days labor.

Oh, my new rear bumper (stock without any lettering), hood (Cobra R), headlights (clear with black surrounding), and front bumper (stock) are being put on. Im taking all the badges off and See how i like it that way. (both of my orignal bumpers had spider cracks on them)

What do you guys think far as the lightning goes, and im open to other suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

My opinion is a ghost graphic is a great touch because it's not bold. A good graphic like this is subtle enough when driving by people don't notice, but when they get up to the car, "WOW do you see that" is what I would be looking for. So basically, the graphic he will do is bolts of lightning that spread out from the hood onto the fenders and maybe start at the front bumper? And what color is the base going to be, for some reason I am picturing a dark color.

chimage.php

or
catoosa3.jpg

Something like this is what i had in mind... I guess what i want will be a little unrealistic for i will want a little symmetry and i don't want too many open spaces... But it will start at the front of the hood and work its way back..

Im not sure what you mean by base coat but the car is and will be black.

not sure why the picture isn't working but here is the link

http://www.robertchavez.com/chavez/light2/cross_fr.html

BlueDevil95 said:
not to sound like a jerk, but it's your car, why ask somebody else what they would do? i imagine it's going to cost a pretty penny, do what you want to do, screw what others think. just my .02
I was really asking peoples oppinions on ghost or straight up because i really don't know for sure what i want... I don't think people will change my mind about the lightning though..

well, that's good. i'm from the school that says your custom paint job should be a reflection of your personality, but i guess i'm old fashioned.

I like the ghost lightning idea personally. with just a hint of blue or purple. :)

well my uncle's harley is painted metallic purple and if you look just right there are silvery blue flames on the tanks.. it looks awesome. But I think its gotta be done tastefully, they should be the accent to the paint job, not the centerpeice, if you follow that.

I took the second picture up to the guy doing the paint job and he is going with it. We talked and it sounds like its going to be ghost like. He talked about using a lot of pearl with it (help with the illusion) and air brushing the faded bolts in the background. We even talked about putting the mustang symbol in the back ground.

Whatever he does it will be well worth 300 and like everybody has told me if it turns out like it should this is just free advertisement for him... (everybody asking who did that)

This guy has done some crazy stuff with motorcycles. He has a gas tank up for display that is purple and has ghost flames, And in the middle in another (third) color there is this skull. (still ghost like also). This thing was awsome.