car hesitating and missing bad under acceleration ..need help asap

mr5o

Founding Member
Jan 28, 2001
Ontario, Canada
guys need your help ...spent lots of cash on my car last year and it still isnt running properly ..tried adjusting the timing ..played with the tps and nothing seems to be working ..a friend of mine told me to unhook the coolant temp sensor out of the intake to put the computer into limp mode i tried this got rid of the missing and poping but as soon as its hooked back up it returns to running poorly .. any ideas what to check next ....someone told me to check the egr valve could this be the problem ? are the cleanable ? id really like to get this thing running its getting very frustrating ... cant even get on it at all without the car missing or hesitating ...once its at about 4000 rpms if you roll on the throttle it will fly but not if you try to accelerate quickly my friends stock 85 convertable beats it he runs 15's my car should be in the 12's ..any help or comments would be appreciated..

let me know of simialr problems youve had and what the solution is ..anything even if it may not be the problem ..getting frustrated with this thing and i want it fixed

• Sponsors (?)

I've been having a similar problem with my car. I pulled the codes, my temp sender was out of range. I replaced that and just took it for a ride but not sure if that helped since I didn't drive it too far. I still have a few more codes to address but like the others said pull the codes and go from there.

if it helps i just installed a msd pro billet distributer / blaster 2 coil/ taylor 10.4mm wire ..thought it might help but didnt ...have timing at 14 degrees is this about right i was told 10-14 with the spout out

man i think thats gotta have something to do with it.. i would check that all out first .. the msd should help it :scratch: you have some thing mixed up in there .... we just put HEI on my friends 67 gto and it killed all his hesitations.. that was his problem completely