Car is hard to start when hot, gotta hold to floor to crank??

5-oh stang

Founding Member
Apr 30, 2002
If you start it cold all you have to do is reach into the window and hit the key (its an automatic), but if the car is warmed up you have to get in and hold the gaspedal to the floor for it to crank or else it will hit one time then just wind over and then hold the pedal to the floor for 20 seconds while winding it over? Sound like it is trying to flood itself when you crank it hot but it is fuel injection? What could cause this? Anyone? I have 24 lb injectors and fp-37.

PLease help this is getting annoying. Also some times when you hold it to the floor and crank it hot it will pop thru the intake but fire up. Sounds like a rifle going off if ya know what i mean.

• Sponsors (?)

Friends '95 had the fuel pressure regulator go bad and leak fuel into the intake through the vacuum port. Took a while to troubleshoot that one, finally came to me in the shower of all places and I called him. It was dark and all he had was a cigarrette lighter for light. Dang near got ugly, all I heard over the phone was 'shut it off, shut it off, shut it off'.

Jamie

have seen alot of coils break down and cause starting problems. get a new coil, they arent that high and odds are it probably would not hurt to upgrade anyway. i got a MSD very happy with it, bolts right where the stock came from