Car keeps Toe-ing In ?

5.0zone

Apr 7, 2005
Kenly, N.C.
I have a 2003 GT. Made a lot of suspension mods last year and added new tires and proptly had the frontend aligned (toe-in was set to 1/8"), about 9 months later the right front tire was wearing badly on the outside, looked like toe-in to me. Went and had the alignment checked, sure enough 5/16" toe in. 3 months later it looks like its doing the same thing, take it back to the alignment shop, and again it was too much toe-in. I've taken the wheels off to see if anything looked or felt loose, but everything looks ok. I was wondering if it could be the a-arm bushings wearing.

Question: Anyone else ever had this issue or any ideas why the toe-in keeps change to more toe-in?

Mods made last year:
FMS 'F' springs
X2 balljoint (without the spacer)
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Steeda offset rack bushings
Steeda aluminum 4 bolt CC plates
Steeda sway bar

13" Baer Brakes w/ Bullit calipers

17x9 Bullit wheels w/ Goodyear F1 GS-D3 285/40/17

• Sponsors (?)

photoshop.

thats kinda an odd issue. i would look at a few things. firstly, next time its done, ask them to use a tad of locktite on the jamb nut to make sure its not backing off... after that you might want to inspect the shaft its self to see if its not bent/bending. you might want to inspect your tie rod ends as well to make sure they are holding up well, as they can attribute to toe in durring bump travel, but if damaged they could hold it that way.

the issue is that CC plates can not assist in this problem, so you are having to look else where. I'd give my suggestsions a shot and see what happens, and come back for more if it still persists.

Torinalth