Car Overhaul

or a thermal arc 185.. I've read they are great little TIG's, and of course very light weight compared to a Miller or Lincoln.

If your stuck on a Miller or Lincoln, it's personal preference to which is better... Some like the blue welder some go red.
I was able to get a good deal on my Precsion TIG 185 so that's what I went with. The welder does everything I would ever need it to, and more.. No complaints what so ever. I picked it up from a local gas supply shop over in Daytona, by the downtown area.. I can not for the life of me, remember the name of it.. But if you take US1 north, and turn right onto Mason, then another right at your first light ( I forget st name), and drive maybe 1/2 mile.. The gas supply will be on your right hand side.

They were the cheapest I found locally, were great to deal with and even shipped the 280lb package to my door step.

• Sponsors (?)

1105 said:
turbo01.jpg
that reminds me of a certain turbo hot side i had in my garage for about a month ... keeping your a/c?

:nice:

nope, keeping my PS since the new bracket makes it sit lower.

Thanks for the directions Mike, I'll check them out and see what they have to offer. I'd like to get a welder from someone local so I can take it to them for warrenty work if needed.

Ernan, yea I've been busy with school and work lately, but now things are starting to slow down a little.

I sold my TW heads to Eades, and I'm using the headers from my old turbo kit plus some clamps and probably a good portion of the pipes to do this one. I wasnt really happy with how the last one looked so I decided to make some changes... Eventually I might find something I like :) How have things been going with you?

Sama old ,same old, i finaly give up on N/A ,it time to get some psi, and i was thinkin nice turbo set up,but first i have to build bottom end,then urbo then when i put that all together i will blew tranny onfirst launch (stupid T5)

little update. Mike stopped by to drop off my exhaust housing and we got some more work done to my turbo setup. Maybe by the end of this week it'll be done, but I have to study for 2 midterms that are thursday and friday this week :notnice:

turbo02.jpg

Are you not running a flex pipe on the crossover pipe? Honestly, I see no point in it except for making it easier to bolt it all together, but I was wondering why you are going without it? Looks good so far.

What heads are you going to run?

Just like you said Paul, the flex pipe is good for ease of install if the pipes don't sit flush with eachother... the flex will give you that little extra movement you'll need.

For now its going to be stock heads, cam, eddy intake, 75mm TB, probably non intercooled but running the snow kit.

Like zach mentioned.. The flex bellow is not nessary, unless your fitment is way off. It might not be a bad idea on a setup made of Stainless pipe though ( since stainless has a higher expansion rate then MS)

I've built a few setups without the flex and everything bolted on fine, from my mock up engine, to the customers engine, and one with the flex bellow ( customer supplied) and the flex allowed some room for error/pipe fitment.

95Vert said:
Damn sweet Zach, I wish I had the time, money, time, knowledge and patience to do what you guys can do.

Oh people changing their mind, Paul(ram000) is up there with super and black.
the only good that ever came from me changing my mind so much is that oink made me that turbo kit, which was the first kit he made for someone else. now that he does them on the side, i feel a little like i helped get him into the business, which is a good thing for other turbo people because his work is right up there with the very best of them.

if i had stayed with the first kenne bell, i wouldn't have decided to go turbo, and i wouldn't have tried to talk mike into making me his first kit.

i would still love to go turbo again, but it is not in the cards for me right now.

now i have my 2nd kenne bell sitting in my basement (no garage :owned:). if only i could get some traction on installing the damn thing ...

another update, welded for about 1.5 hours tonight, fun fun lol. For somereason my crossover doesnt reach anymore... it was all bolted/clamped in place when I tached everything, and made sure it was good, but not its 1/2" short :shrug: guess its time for the flex pipe.

turbo03.jpg

Hey babes, been such a long time since I've seen your magik bullet. I love what you've done there, you're a real mans man. Makes me all hottie potty just thinking about it. You make me overheat, you gotta come over here and check my fluid levels. Well how long until this thing starts running again? Hear you're having trouble with the Nissan, yeah not to brag or anything, but I specialize in Nissans 89-98 especially in Beige and maroon colors. So if you need a hand, in more ways than one get it, hehehe.. holla!:Word: