car wanting to overheat

just to let everyone know the problem is solved, checked everything down to taking my autometer gauge out and testing it, put the laser on it many times. took the mr gasket thermostat out i replaced 2 weeks ago and put it in im some water on the stove, it never opened even at 210 degrees, swapped it out for a new one and now my car is running even cooler, guess flushing the radiator so much helped out as well

• Sponsors (?)

My car was doing the same thing. The temp would remain kinda cool and then suddenly raise up really quick. It started doing this after my HCI project. I was still using the same t-stat, W/P and rad so it didn't make sense. I tried burping the system about 6 times and it was still overheating. The cure was to drill a 1/8" hole in the t-stat. Problem fixed.

BTW, I'm just north of you in Ayden.

My car was doing the same thing. The temp would remain kinda cool and then suddenly raise up really quick. It started doing this after my HCI project. I was still using the same t-stat, W/P and rad so it didn't make sense. I tried burping the system about 6 times and it was still overheating. The cure was to drill a 1/8" hole in the t-stat. Problem fixed.

BTW, I'm just north of you in Ayden.

yeah ayden is not far from me at all, you come to kinston much?