Bad water pump

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
Just wanting opinions my car overheating/running hot coolant dissapering my car sounds like it’s sputtering,no water out weep hole,but it’s disappearing so is it possible waterpump not working and getting hot pressureizing and comming out into overflow tank and out because that’s what seems to be happening. I burped system(new radiator sve,thermostat,running stock fan and new clutch and fan shroud) when I burped system kept getting big bubbles that didn’t stop. How can I tell if waterpump went out? Does make a wirrly sound but that happend yesterday when I put new fan clutch lmr so thinking that’s normal but sounds ugly

• Sponsors (?)

Going back to the way it sounds, it’s kinda intermittent. It does it sometimes but that symptom just started. So I’m asking had anyone ever had a bad fuel pump and if so how long can you drive with a bad one? Once they go bad can you still run it and if you did what would it do? I know your not soupsed to but I’m trying to diagnose mine

As soon as my f.p. Made noise I ordered a new one and ran it almost empty then replaced.
Check your w.p. By opening rad cap,run till that opens and see if you got flow from w.p. To rad.

is there either oil in the coolant or water in oil? Could be a leaking intake gasket, head gasket. The water is going somewhere... Get a pressure tester and/or a UV dye kit, You will find the leak

Reactions: 1 user
Im hoping it’s my waterpump that’s failed. It’s a ford brand. I’ve had it about 2years now. When I tried to add coolant and burp system with cap off I kept getting a constant good size bubble every 2 3 sec so I’m hoping pump went out trying to figure out if anyone has been able to drive with a bad pump.

In all my years,yes I'm old, when a pump went it leaked from the weep hole. I drove a 5.0 chebby with a pump that was leaking for a month.
It only leaked when shut off not while it ran.

Im hoping it’s my waterpump that’s failed. It’s a ford brand. I’ve had it about 2years now. When I tried to add coolant and burp system with cap off I kept getting a constant good size bubble every 2 3 sec so I’m hoping pump went out trying to figure out if anyone has been able to drive with a bad pump.

You might want to test the antifreeze with the test kit for a bad head gasket. That is what your symptoms describe, not a bad water pump. The constant bubbles coming out that you mentioned in 2 posts are a clear indication of this.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user