Interior and Upholstery Cargo Net Details

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Anyone have a factory cargo net in their hatch?

IMG_4327.JPG

I've been wanting to add one and can't figure out these hooks. I think the two on the sides screw in in place of the screws, but what about the two hooks in the carpet?

Anyone have one they can take some detail pics for me so I can ID what parts I need to buy?

I have these, but not sure how they install exactly?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I have the original net, unfortunately the car is in storage and I won't see it until spring. All four net mounts are the same, two thread into the trunk floor behind the rear seat, two into the plastic area that is the back side of the tail light area. Just like your pic shows. I only have one pic but it doesn't show anything.
1993 Mustang GT trunk complete (4).jpg

These are the cargo net clips my car came with

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1993-...ash=item281a8262bd:g:VCoAAOSwvg9XYp8S&vxp=mtr

The "cargo tie down net" was new for 1991 and was included in the preferred equipment packages. It was also available outside of the PEPs as regular production option 18C. Some dealers may have also installed them separately over the Ford Parts Department counter. Suggested retail in the September 1990 (1991 model year) ordering guide was $66.

I have the original net, unfortunately the car is in storage and I won't see it until spring. All four net mounts are the same, two thread into the trunk floor behind the rear seat, two into the plastic area that is the back side of the tail light area. Just like your pic shows. I only have one pic but it doesn't show anything.
1993 Mustang GT trunk complete (4).jpg

These are the cargo net clips my car came with

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1993-...ash=item281a8262bd:g:VCoAAOSwvg9XYp8S&vxp=mtr

Thanks. How many clips are needed for them? Looks like 4?

I have 2 of the ones you pictured.

I thought I was doing well by having the sun screen. Didnt even know there was a cargo net option. I have no holes nor hooks in my carpet (just went out and looked), and Im 99.95% sure its original.

I've got the shade and Sunroof bag, so I was doing pretty good.

The net was in the later fox years, but it just seems practical.

I do actually use the Sunroof bag too

IMG_1310.JPG

Edit: while searching for a net on eBay, I was seeing sun shades going for $200-300 in sold auctions...all colors not just black. Amazing

Reactions: 1 user
I have that second auction saved. I think those also go on the sides of the hatch on the interior panels. Not sure though which is why I'd like to see some pics of a hatch setup

So these are what I have for the hatch carpet. Can anyone with the net in a hatch explain how these install?

Is it just a 1/4" hole though the carpet and tighten up? Does the cebter disk go above or below the carpet?

IMG_4428.JPG

My carpet is over the large disc and under the hook part. Not saying that is correct just because there’s no telling what the P.O. did back there. Also the slits in my carpet are cut in a way that allows complete carpet removal without messing with the hooks at all. I was probably no help at all to you. Lol

Again no help, I won’t be home till Tuesday but if you still need pics by then, I’d be happy to shoot a few for you.

I have just circular beveled posts mounted to the hatch panels toward the rear of each quarter. The hooks are on the floor up close to the backs of the rear seats.

Than you. That definitely helps.

So now i see how the floor mounted holders attach. What secures that "foot" to the bottom floor of the hatch? Is it a hole drilled through the underside of the hatch floor?

Light dawns on Marblehead. I was wondering why the bottom of the plug had a rubber seal.

The fox has two rubber grommets on each side. When Ford added the cargo net option, they designed the hangar to slip into existing sheet metal features. No tooling change needed.

IMG_4499.JPG

Now I need to locate the side mushrooms and a net. If anyone is junkyard hopping and sees them...think of me

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry I didn’t reply sooner. I’m on the road and out of town all week so I’m not at all sure what it looks like from under the car. I’m missing one mushroom or you could have mine. I don’t plan on adding the net, and really planned to change my interior soooo....