CBAZA Trends timing not following tables

• Sponsors (?)

there is no need to set all those values to 55, the MBT table is your main table that will limit timing , just add 4 degrees to the entire table and then use the borderline table to adjust timing , I usually set the global adder to 2 or 3 , and then from 70 percent load and up add 2-3 more degrees , but watch the higher loads at 4000 rpms and up and make sure you dont get too crazy with those or you will get some upper rpm ping .....

Eric

Please allow me to make things a bit more clear than my earlier attempt :chair:

You mentioned briefly ... spark taken from the lowest table :)
and
That can be the case if you got all four active :nice:
but
Other adders and what not can really hose with things :bang: :crazy:

Lets just keep it simple for the time being :banana:
and
Focus on the base table without other interference ;)

btw ... If you have not updated your cubic inch scalar for the stoker,
your load is gonna be all hosed up

anyway

Since you use a load switch value of 0 ......
your top load row in the table is definitely gonna be WOT

Using the dlog you provided ....
I'd say you were using load rows .2, .3, & .4 for most conditions

Now ... Take a look at your file and see if what you command in
those load rows more closely matches the values you see in
that dlog.

I can't look at V1.30 stuff so I'll take Mr. Wes at his word
about you killing out most of the spark adder stuff so we
will hope nothing is adding value to the base table :shrug:

Again ... Sorry about going down that CL & OL road :doh:

You wanna use LOAD to determine the spark thing :nice:

Greg, Wes, and 2002BLGT have made some very good points
for you to consider :hail2:

Let us know what you find Eric :D

Grady

hey Grady name is Willie , nice to meet you ....

Update

In my work, I'm an instrument and controls engineer, we have a saying that describes when something works, but looks like it doesn't ,because we don't really know how it is soppose to work. We say the equipment is "malfunctioning perfectly". With regards to the Tweecer, the problem was that the spark wasn't doing what I thought it should do. The real problem was a short between the ears, (headset). :D

I set the MBT tables to 55, set the alt and bdln tables to base plus 2. I put all the adders back to stock Cobra settings. I pulled spark below 1500 rpm to help the shuffle I was getting.

The lean moderate cruise problem is gone and the car will idle down the street without bucking.

I built a WB fot the '65 TT Mustang but I will probably buy one for the '94 Vert. Once installed, I will optimize the upper end. It runs fine now but may have a few HP left. The vert feels strong but nothing like 560HP in 2800 LBs! I can't drive the '65 for work without worrying about it all the time. Maybe some NO will be in my future. :)

Thanks guys, for hanging in there with me.

Eric