CE Light came on tonight

COBESGT

Oct 19, 2004
Dubuque, Iowa
Tonight while driving home the CE Light came on. Once I got home (about 2 miles later) I hooked up the SCT and found 2 DTC's, both were CAT SYS. I think one of them said CAT SYS 1 and the other said CAT SYS 2. Whatever they said, I cleared them both, re-loaded the stock calibration and upload my performance tune. I was thinking that these had something to do with the recent addidtion of the O/R H-Pipe, but I would of thought these would of showed up sooner (approx 100 miles since installed). Anyway, just wondered if this was some sort of fluke, or am I going to be seeing these on a regular basis. BTW, I was told by Brenspeed that I would not need a tune update with the addidtion of the O/R H-Pipe, since they turn off the Rear O2's whenever they send out a tune.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Did it say something along the lines of Catalyst Effieciency Below Threshold (I think it's P0420 and 421)? I'd bet it was from the H pipe. Sometimes it takes 50-100 miles before the cat monitor will run and turn on the MIL. I had my X on for a week before the light came on. If that is the case than I guess Brenspeed must not have turned off the rear 02, so you'll have to call them and they will get it straightened out for you.

Called and spoke with Brenspeed. They don't have my original tunes on hand (some sort of file back-up problem) so they told me to continue to monitor this and if it comes back on, tell them the codes. Since the codes seem to be rear O2, they said that they would write/send me new tunes to take care of this problem. When asked, with the SCT 2 Tuner, I cannot go into the tune and turn off the rear O2's.

Thanks for all the help!