Changing Dash In 91 Coupe

racer5.0stang

Dec 15, 2003
NC
I'm converting my blue interior in my mustang over to grey, specifically titanium grey. I bought a used dash off eBay out of a 93 mustang. It only has the a/c ducts so none of the wiring.

How big of a deal is it to move my existing wiring from the original dash to the grey one?

• Sponsors (?)

You don't need to touch the wiring. The dash "skin" just peels off the frame. The A/C ducts come with it, but for the wiring you just push it back into the dash and the dash will come out without any of the wiring.

Basically once you remove the "skin" this is what you are left with. The wiring and metal frame stays.
dash004-jpg.357927.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Cool deal, that should be simple enough. I was worried about having to pull wiring and breaking some of the plugs. It's only 26 years old lol.

I did buy a new heater core from LMR. It's the aftermarket one. Not the one from Ford. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake.

I noticed in the picture you have the same Hurst shifter handle as I do. What shifter are you using? I think mine is the factory shifter as it's kinda sloppy. From what I've heard that handle will only work on the factory shifter and the hurst shifter which is kinda expensive.