Cleaning Headlights

2003BlackStang

Nov 11, 2003
What is the best way to clean headlights? I always clean mine with glass cleaner after i wash the car but there is still always spot on it no matter how hard i try to get them off what can i try?

• Sponsors (?)

try compounding them. i use 3m liquid compound. you could do it by hand, but a highspeed polisher works best. BUT DO NOT OVER DO IT WITH THE HIGHSPEED POLISHER. you could get it so hot that it melts the plastic. I like to get a little squirt bottle of clean water and spray it on there ever couple of seconds.

I'd say just trash them. There are plenty of replacement headlights out there from suppliers like 5.0 Resto that will be better than the factory originals as far as being resistant to turning yellow and milky. I like the ultra clear headlights. They are similar to the 1994-1998 Cobras. However, if you have to keep the old ones like me, try an obital buffer with some compound. It won't get rid of the yellow, but it will be clear and not so milky. Touch it up with some Eagle One trim restore.

I took my headlights out and polished them using my bench grinder with the buffing wheel and some aluminum compound. They now almost look like new. be carefull not to burn the plastic but it takes more to burn them than I thought it would.