Clucking sound from front left wheel.

Redsnake2

Aug 8, 2005
Philly, PA
I just did a brake change and front wheel bearing change also.. yesterday while coming home my front wheel started making a clucking sound. it progressively got worst. Scared the **** out of me cause it almost sounded like the damn wheel was going to come off.

I will jack the car up and pull the wheel and see if something losened it self..

Anybody else ever have this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

iv got some clunking in my front right. about 3 weeks ago i had mach 1 suspension and cobra brakes installed. i just finished my exhaust up a week ago, and it rattles a little over the bumps, however thats in the rear. Just yesterday, maybe wednsday something started clunking around, and it sounds like its coming from the right side, definetly front. it only happens over bumps/compression of suspension on that side, so its not constant like yours. im gonna take a peak under it later today

ok i found out why i had the clucking sound.. All i can say is double check your work and slow down some times.. I had all the lugs finger tight on the wheel except 1.. What a Dumbass!!!! thank god I found it before i went on one of my high speed runs down the highway..

I had that, I have a broken coil on the bottom left on my front spring. Its just barely broken so I havent fixed it yet. I have slowed down for the most part though. Its tough when you have a fast car. Right now my car is still off the road so having a front broken suspension part matters even less.
Like it was said before, the clunking only happens when I go over a speed bump or do something to compress the front suspension.
It on my list of things to do...
-fawcett

deadlast said:
iv got some clunking in my front right. about 3 weeks ago i had mach 1 suspension and cobra brakes installed. i just finished my exhaust up a week ago, and it rattles a little over the bumps, however thats in the rear. Just yesterday, maybe wednsday something started clunking around, and it sounds like its coming from the right side, definetly front. it only happens over bumps/compression of suspension on that side, so its not constant like yours. im gonna take a peak under it later today
check your tail pipes

usually when wheel bearings go out you hear/feel a clicking/rubbing/kinda clunky sound when turning hard

i would look around at moving parts in the front and see if anything is loose