Clutch Help

TSWG00

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2002
Snohomish, WA
I'm just interested if anyone has done a hydraulic Clutch mod. I have been thinking of doing it but don't know what parts I need. Or if there is a manufactor with a kit out there somewhere. I know you can get them for the older mustangs. I have never been a fan of a cable clutch. So yeah that's why I want to do this mod.

Also I'm looking for a 5 or 6 speed transmission with either Straight Cut with Dog Ring or Helical-cut with dog ring. Not sure What I want.

My T-5 is starting to crap out on me so I figure if i'm going to be adding more engine mods and what not I want a more robus Drivetrain. Hope someone and help me out here thanks

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

TSWG00 said:
I'm just interested if anyone has done a hydraulic Clutch mod. I have been thinking of doing it but don't know what parts I need. Or if there is a manufactor with a kit out there somewhere. I know you can get them for the older mustangs. I have never been a fan of a cable clutch. So yeah that's why I want to do this mod.

Also I'm looking for a 5 or 6 speed transmission with either Straight Cut with Dog Ring or Helical-cut with dog ring. Not sure What I want.

My T-5 is starting to crap out on me so I figure if i'm going to be adding more engine mods and what not I want a more robus Drivetrain. Hope someone and help me out here thanks

Jason
First, why convert to hydraulic clutches? They cost way more and you constantly have to worry about master cylinders taking a dump along with various other parts associated with a hydraulic setup.

Secondly, straight cut gears will not be street car-friendly whatsoever. Helical cut gears are the way to go. Why do you want the trans dog ringed? I'm not being a jerk when I say this but do you even know what "dog ringing" a trans does?

Finally, if you say you are going to mod the "engine" that doesn't include a power adder. A good T5 and clutch will live behind any semi-streetable N/A 302.

Joe

I have never had any problems with hydraulic clutches all my other cars have it and I like how it feels I have never likes the way the Cable feel. That's why I want to Change the setup. Not to mention and I have gone through 3 cables in the 5 years I have had my car. So yeah I'm tired of the cable setup. Its funny you say that "you constantly have to worry about master cylinders taking a dump along with various other parts associated with a hydraulic setup." If that is the case why are there so many car manufactures that use it? Cable is only used becasue they are cheap.

Yes I know what Dog Ringing does and I know that the straight cut gears will not be street car-friendly.

Thanks for the advice though.