Clutch Pedal Vibration!

I forgot to ask ...do you have a firewall adjuster/cable kit or just an adjustable clutch cable?
firewall....today i jacked it up again and made sure all the flywheel bolts were in at least,couldnt get in there to torque them unfortunately,but i disconnected the cable pushed the arm by hand and the second the throw out bearing touches the flex plate it vibrated,makes me think the flex plate maybe?,"seemed" like the fingers may be not have been perfectly flush.

but what i did do was check out my buddies car with the oem self adjustable clutch,he has a centerforce dual friction,it had zero free play,and it grabbed high also,so i basically set it exactly the same,stiff and grabs higher than i like, but its way better,but if i try to adjust it to grab a little lower it gets worse...

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

When you take the trans back out loosen/unscrew the pivot ball stud out about one inch from being all the way tight. This should make the difference needed to put the correct tension on the throw out bearing/clutch fork. Also look at the fingers on the pressure plate and make sure they are flat. Keep in mind if you do not have the right preload/tension on the release bearing and fork everything will rattle and make noise.

When you take the trans back out loosen/unscrew the pivot ball stud out about one inch from being all the way tight. This should make the difference needed to put the correct tension on the throw out bearing/clutch fork. Also look at the fingers on the pressure plate and make sure they are flat. Keep in mind if you do not have the right preload/tension on the release bearing and fork everything will rattle and make noise.
the noise i can live with at this point,the engagement and vibration i cant,im going to pull the tranny out and check everything,but rather than guessing,im probably just going to replace the whole works down to the flywheel!,i realy dont want to still have this issue after all the work!,im thinking its pressure plate or throw out but clutch just dosnt feel right,more money and time!

I'm having similar issues with my T5 set up and I'm starting to think it's the clutch....my 2nd "King Cobra" clutch from CJ Pony Parts (experiencing the same issues) I might add. Been fighting a driveline vibration issue with this car ever since I swapped out the stock clutch for what was supposed to be a better one. :nonono:

Last edited: