clutch took a dump.

hey guys, the SVT clutch took a crap at around 5pm yesterday, driving along it was fine, until it come to stop, then when we restarted it the clutch felt completely different and made the most horrific noise i have ever heard. screeching like hell.

question is, i have found two different clutches on ebay, one says 10 spline, other says 28 spline, whats the difference, and which do i need? the car was built on the 5th dec 97, i heard that theres two different boxes as borg warner was taken over by tremec sometime during the 98 model year, this true?

would i have to worry about the box, or is it just the clutch thats had it?

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like the throw-out bearing is shot. If you change it right away, you might get lucky and only need the bearing. If you keep running it, the pressure plate will be destroyed also. I really don't know about the spline question. I depends on which transmission you have. Can you find a tag on it?

transmission

Your car came w/ a T-45 but that does not mean you still have a t-45 (unless you are the original owner and know every mod)...

If it it a t-45 tansmission that has never been cracked open it should have a small metal tag on the tailhousing..

your throwout bearing is most likely shot and i also had to replace the forks inside that push on them i believe. Yea.. same thing happend to me thank God i was like 4 blocks away from home. it started screeching, i thought that i broke a rod or the piston was scratching the sleeve. As for the spline i really cant tell you. But you'll be fine goodluck with the fix.