Cobra Brakes FTW

Stanger007

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2001
Baton Rouge, LA
Cobra brakes are now #1 on my first mods list.

I was doing about 40mph in the middle lane of a 3 lane road, had a Navigator in the right lane and a line of traffic in the left lane doing about 20mph.

A lady in a van pulls into my lane to get around the slow traffic right as I am coming even with her bumper.

I slammed the brakes, ABS kicked in and I swear the car about stood on the front bumper. I could only get over to the right just a bit because of the Navigator.

Needless to say if I didn't have the Cobra brakes, there's no way I would have stopped. Glad noone was behind me because they would have had a hella time stopping.

Cobra brakes! :hail2:

Wes

P.S. You guessed it - lady was on the cell phone. She realized what had happened when she heard my ABS kick in. She sped up to run the next light to try to get away.

• Sponsors (?)

I hear ya man... I had a lady cut me off on a 2 lane road 3 times... I thought she was trying to be a real B*tch... Then I blew by her to put some distance and she did the same thing to someone else... I hate people....

Now that you have the cobra brakes, you need to upgrade your rotors, pads and SS brake lines....
I just put on my brembo (cryo) slotted and cross drilled rotors at all four corners, with hawk ferro carbon pads, as well as earls SS brake lines. This car stops better than a zo6 (older model not the new one). My buddy has a 04 zo6 and we did a 60 mph stop, I had him by a good 10 feet.

Another f'n woman on her damn cell phone. Jesus Christ. Driving and talking on the phone should not be allowed, especially adding a woman into the mix. There should be satellite blockers on all new vehicles that prohibits a cell phone signal inside the car.

Honestly, I'm starting to hate every damn driver on the road now. Slow drivers in the left lane, crazy nuts that cut you off. Only cars allowed on the road should be stangnet members.

I love my Cobra brakes :nice:

BUT, they're probably what should come stock on these tanks!! A giant brake setup would be incredible...

Cellphone use while driving is now illegal in CA without a hands-free device...thank God!! Just started as of the beginning of June, $300 ticket minimum

Now that you have the cobra brakes, you need to upgrade your rotors, pads and SS brake lines....
I just put on my brembo (cryo) slotted and cross drilled rotors at all four corners, with hawk ferro carbon pads, as well as earls SS brake lines. This car stops better than a zo6 (older model not the new one). My buddy has a 04 zo6 and we did a 60 mph stop, I had him by a good 10 feet.

Now that you mention that before buying the Cobra setup for my car can you resuse the stock setup SS brake lines? Just a thought since I already have them?:OT:

I never knew how bad the stock 94-95 brakes were until I took my buddy's Z28 for a spin. After that I knew I had to get better brakes. Im running the 4 piston Brembos with 13" slotted rotors and SS lines. They keep getting better and better with each drive. Im glad you like the Cobra brakes. They are a great deal for the price!:nice:

One of my next mods. Will the stock 16inch rims clear the cobra brake kit?

Probably not...

As far as cobra brakes go....I thought I would share this picture once more, as I feel it defines the sex that is cobra brakes

brakes1.jpg

Also deffinetly the best mod I've done to my car as well. And the car stopped even better after I insalled the Tokicos to replace the stock struts, drastically reduced nose-dive. These brakes are great on the street, but I was the most impressed when I took the car to the autocross track, when everything gets hot and the tires get sticky, these brakes REALLY haul you down after the fast straightaways! I was very impressed to say the least :nice: