cold air intake questions

stangdistortion

Aug 7, 2008
I've been a mustang fan since i was 5 years old, and last month i bought a used 05 mustang GT. its sonic blue with gray leather and a 5 speed, when i bought the car it came with the premium car warranty 7 years or 75,000 miles which covers everything execpt for the normal ware and tare items (brakes, tires, clutch etc.)
the dealership told me any performance mods will void the warranty. so i can't supercharge the car for a while, not that it matters i can't afford it anyway. but i decided to put some bolt ons on the car. i purchased and installed SLP loudmouths and now i was looking at the JLT cold air intake, but it requires either a SCT live wire or X3 powerflash. here's were my questions come in, if i install a programer or a flash, and i take the car to dealer for a diagonsitc scan will they be able to tell that the ecu has been tuned? or if i program the car back to stock before taking it in will they be able to tell it was previously programed? is the JLT cold air any good? i've read i can add upwards of 20 horses over stock. so if anyone has this cold air intake, JCT live wire or X3 powerflash please tell me what you think. and more important if the dealer will be able to tell if the ecu has been tuned? please help me out!!! thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

There are more Mustangs running mods then not! You might check deeper into the laws regarding the warrenty void. I think the dealer is blowing smoke and cant void the warranty. I pull off my CAI and reflash the car to stock, drive it for 50 miles to reset the ECU(just kills me) all is fine to go in.
Contact Brenspeed to get a tuner/CAI package YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

i purchased a jlt cai and sct x3 tuner i love it. i don't know about the warranty stuff. good luck. oh a little install tip microwave the rubber boot for the jlt for 10 seconds when you put it on. you'll understand when your installing it. good luck.