Considering buying the Maximum grip box from MM

To sort of add a little to my previous post, what I think you need to do is give Maximum Motorsports a call. They do not mind taking the time to hear what it is you want to do with your car and what combinations you may be thinking about. I've called them on several occasions and sometimes spend a long time one the phone with them and they always give me excellent advice. They really know their **** when it comes to handling and suspension. I'm more of a newbie when it comes to suspension and all the technicality that they sometimes go into just baffles my mind, but they took the time to walk me through it. Before you decide to do anything this jurastic, please, call them. I've gotten nothing but good customer service.

Another good site for MM parts that I use is http://www.artsperformanceparts.com. All their prices listed include shipping.

• Sponsors (?)

MaroonStangMan said:
To sort of add a little to my previous post, what I think you need to do is give Maximum Motorsports a call. They do not mind taking the time to hear what it is you want to do with your car and what combinations you may be thinking about. I've called them on several occasions and sometimes spend a long time one the phone with them and they always give me excellent advice. They really know their **** when it comes to handling and suspension. I'm more of a newbie when it comes to suspension and all the technicality that they sometimes go into just baffles my mind, but they took the time to walk me through it. Before you decide to do anything this jurastic, please, call them. I've gotten nothing but good customer service.

Another good site for MM parts that I use is http://www.artsperformanceparts.com. All their prices listed include shipping.
I too have spoken with MM on serveral occasions, and yes they are nice and helpful.
But above and beyond all, they are Sales People.

2000xp8 said:
Trust me, it does make a mess out of the launch, the car transfer no weight, it's almost like it's completely rigid. No squat, no nose rise, just a ton of wheelspin, likely well into third gear with this guys power.

and also torque arms don't hurt squat, they help. This is why facory camaros launch rediculously better than mustangs without them. Also, the only thing that would cause no nose rise and no squat would be the springs. In certain high horsepower cars it can be proven that stiffer springs will also help 60' because you don't bounce off the rear back onto the front then lose traction, you hold onto the squat longer. And finally, if you do lose a few tenths... who cares? Like i previously said the benefits will way outdo the negatives.

Wow, thanks for all the advice/constructive criticism guys...helps alot :)

I'm shooting for around 400 @ the wheels n/a with this motor...maybe I'll get more though. I'll probly be throwin a 100-200 shot of nitrous at it as well (next year). Basic combo consits of DSS 408 stroker kit, 69 351W block, AFR 205 heads w/nitrous porting, Crane 1.6 roller rockers, custom cam, TFS Box R intake manifold, 90mm throttle body and a 90mm MAF. For the drivetrain I am using a TKO 600 w/spec stage 3 clutch, FRPP aluminum flywheel and driveshaft.

If I was goin for a drag car I probly wouldn't have gone with the 5 speed. With drag suspension, an auto and a 200 shot I wouldn't be surprised if the engine had 9's in it, but like I said I'm not building a drag racer.

I think I'm probly gonna go ahead and order the kit. I'll keep you guys updated with the project as it progresses. So far I have a WHOLE lot of parts piled up and very little of it assembled. Basicly the only things I'm missing is valve covers, distributor and my MAF.

400?
If it's done right, should be more like 500rwhp.

In this months MM&FF they put cnc wedges and afr 205's on a 408, put down with both heads about 525 on a motor dyno.

I can't see it being 500rwhp, despite all the parts I have for the engine(which I think are all pretty well matched to each other, and the cam is designed for everything else). Maybe 420 or 430 on a MD, of course, I'll be happy if it ends up being more :D