Cool Video

• Sponsors (?)

hahahha ... that is some DAMN good driving!! :nice: Those cop cars are really fast, and with the special suspension and other goodies, it makes them really stable driving at high speeds. The newer ones are even quicker - as long as you are dealing with a true Police Interceptor package! :flag: It's even more amazing that the cop cars are STOCK and are so fast! And yes ... its a 289 4.6 V8. Yea ... no matter how fast any car is - the cop radios are always faster!

the crown vics around here have a single over head cam 281 V8, similiar to the ones in GT's, special suspension and cooling system and a special police interceptor chip. also with the gears an that stated above, they are also have our limited slip differential too and can do posi burnouts, i saw one taking off around a corner in pursuit once an the cop got the whole car sideways, it was pretty cool to see a cop do that an not just a mustang.

Dominique said:
The radio is the thing I'm worried about. Any chance that can be taken care of ?
So it is possible to take them on. Anybody has any experice beeing chased before ? Kill stories are cool but being chased by a cop and getting away with it is SUBZERO

doesnt really count in a way, but as I posted in the pulled over thread, I was on my buddy's R6 sport bike with an expired permit going 80 or so. I see the cop swing out behind me and I nailed the throttle to about 125, took the closest exit, and got a coffee at Dunkin Donuts then rode back to his place.

I wouldn't really call it a chase though, the bike weighs 370 pounds with 120 stock horse and he has aftermarket exhaust. Thats literally half the horse of the cop but less then 10 percent of the weight. I just didn't want to get my friend in trouble cause he let me take it for a spin knowing my permit had expired.

There is no way you could get away with that on a highway in a car unless its something like Chris95SVTs freakish turbo stang. Luckily the cop had to start from 0 and I was already going 80, and bike plates are pretty small in Mass so he/she couldn't get a read on them.

i was racing an evo once and there was a cop up ahead hiding, we were dead even an all of a sudden i saw him slam on his brakes, i didnt know why then i looked ahead an saw the cop, it was to late for me to slow down so i downshifted to 3rd an flew by him, turned down a side street an took the back roads home, it was dark out too so that helped me, it was an extremly stupid thing to do but i had just got a ticket the week before for speeding when i wasnt even speeding which makes me more mad and i wasnt getting another one.

I won't try to outrun a cop, but a few years ago, when i recieved a fairly insane ticket for a fairly insane driving decision, the cop told me a week later that he would have loved to race me when the cops opened up the abandoned airstrip in the summer. I took off from him way too easily not even knowing he was behind me...

No cop cars are fast have any of you guys seen the video of the cop car chasing the vette and the vette ran into the back of a semi at 160ish. The cop car was with the vette the whole way. They are not quick cars but they have a really good top end. I will try to find the video.

Dustin

I was driving along with a friend of mine to get new tires for his Golf. Once we were south of the city you are allowed to go 80Mph. There was a guard rail between a double lane road. I could see for a few miles down the road and it was free, no cars in front. I saw my chance to test the speed of my car so i floored it. When i was going over 120 Mph i suddenly noticed a copcar comming from the other side. I floored the brakes hoping he would not see me. Guess i can tell because he didn't see me but my heart was pounding like crazy because that would have meant that they would have impounded my car.

SuperDust22 said:
Damn what happens when you try to play it. And does it work for anyone.

Dustin

If you're talking about what it did to me when I downloaded it (downloaded for a sec and then played for another sec) copy and paste the link in the browser. You won't be able to dl it but you will be able to view it.

And about that corvette vid, i've seen it and from what I remember it was the 84-90 model. The 84's only have 205hp and the 90 can't be too much more.