Coolant Hoses

Pro-Hawk said:
Thats a really nice theroy you got there. I think its cool how this supposed hole is above Antartica...its those damn farting pinguins I'm telling ya :D Heck I think a valcano hurts the ozone layer more than all the CFCs in the world combined would do to it. Crap on top of that there is plants still making R12 about 350 miles south west from me and you know what? Theres nothing we can do about it.

P.s its hard to believe in the depletion of the ozone layer and not believe in global warming :scratch:
First of all, global warming has nothing to do with the ozone layer. Gobal warming stems around dumping greenhouse gasses, such as methane, and CO2 into the atmosphere. The depletion of the ozone layer occurs from CFC's breaking down O3. There are no naturally occuring sources of CFC's that I know of, including what volcanos spew out. Just take a look at the list of ozone depleting substances. these things don't occur in nature. http://www.epa.gov/ozone/ods.html
If you understood the process of ozone formation, you would know that Ozone is formed when sunlight interacts with O2 and forms O3. The 'miraculous' holes that appear at the poles of the earth occur there because of the months of darkness they experience! Because there is no light coming in, there is no more ozone being produced. In southern chili, there are actaully warnings about the amount of radiation making it through the ozone layer and hitting your skin.
As for the hole, it grew dramatically from the 60's all the way through the 90's. Right now, it is becoming smaller, and R12 use is way down. That doesn't seem like a concidence since the break down of ozone has been seen with these CFC's in the laboratory.
Sure, the 'hole in the ozone layer' isn't going to effect me here in the mid-lattitudes, but I do acknoledge that this process is occuring, and that the ozone layer is an important part of the atmosphere.
Now for global warming. That is BS because the amount of CO2 and Methane that we produce is not that significant compared to the earths cycle. There is no evidence thus far that the slight increase in temperatures we have seen in the last 100 years is directly related to human activity. The global climate is variable, and we have no evidence that the change is just part of the normal earth cylce. Hell, did you know that the eruption of a volcane dropped the average temp of the earth by 1 degree for that particular year! I don't remember which one, but it was fairly recent.

• Sponsors (?)

bhuff30 said:
First of all, global warming has nothing to do with the ozone layer. Gobal warming stems around dumping greenhouse gasses, such as methane, and CO2 into the atmosphere. The depletion of the ozone layer occurs from CFC's breaking down O3.
Well when you get spots with less ozone, you get more radiation in, and gets trapped in.

Well someone post me a picture of this Ozone hole both from 1960 and 2004 so I can see if it is healing? Its probly a hox and some politition owns stock in 134a :rolleyes: Given enough time the ozone could heal its self but reeding the world of freon is like the smallest thing you could even think of doing to help the world. Also its been in use in cars since 1948. If you want to do something stop worry about the small stuff and go right to the problem. Start using solar engery and get away from fossil fuels and nuclear power. Buy cars like my Tahoe that will run off of 80% eithonol or hybird cars. Heck they have been building wind farms by me for years and each one is said to power a city the size of Dallas. Stop littlering and the use of styrofome. The kicker is the population of this planet has exploded in our time... 10 years ago it was 4.5 billion and today its 6.1 billion. Just think of all that globel warming from thise people driving cars and the ones that car own a car still sit around a farting ;) If you think your safe from globel warming you got another thing comming, the suppose hole in the ozone acts like a catalist if its like what they say it is. When the planet warms up and is filled with poisonous gasses we might as well be living on Vinus :(

with all the crap that we put up in the air, i love how we have honed it down to R12 refrigerant, being the culprit. :bs: but anyway. it's a good thing we have a few vans of R12 sitting around the hose from when it was legal. put a fresh one in there last summer, man did that AC work great.

kiddiccarus said:
I still think cow farts do it all to the Ozone......

Well oddly enough the last post I posted on this I got up and went to watch some Speed TV. Now guess what they was talking about... methane gasses released into the air from public land fills :( Weird uh :shrug: They was talking about converting it to power and that some towns had beeing doing it for some time I think.

kiddiccarus said:
Louisville Ky has the eternal flame in their landfill so that it don't explode. The alternate usage of gasses for fuel is a great idea I think so that our bills go down, since we contribute to the trash and all.

YA thats one place they talked about. They said it burns like 24hrs a day but I forget how much power they get from it.