Couple of questions for u pros....lol

Both the heads and intake suck.

Kurt
You said it dude. I had this thought the other day; remember back in the 90's and I guess early 00's when chevy's were king of the road as far as American performance cars?? Say like 95 mustang gt had 215 hp and 95 z28 had 275 and they were both priced about the same and to get on par w/ the z28 you had to purchase a more expensive cobra. Well now the base vette has 430 hp and that seems pathetic to me, I mean c'mon now $55k and all I'm getting is 430 horses!?! Especially since the mustang gt has 400 hp. I used to say if I ever struck it rich I'd get a Vette but now I just don't know. However I don't think I'd be willing to drop $60k on a gt500 either, although I'm sure it's one hot performer it's still just a mustang to the non mustang enthusiast. I don't think it'd be that much of a chick magnet unless she knew what she was looking at, it just doesn't have the exotic or even pseudo status to the laymen. I guess what my rant boils down to is, gee thanks Ford for getting on the ball after it's too late to get a working man's muscle car for $20k or a tad under.

• Sponsors (?)

I think Ford is doing fine on power now, just not on quality. The prices aren't that far off either. My 93' Mustang was stickered for $18K and ended up selling for $17K to the original owner. That's $37K in todays money, and you can get into a 5.0 for that kind of money or close to it.

Kurt

I think Ford is doing fine on power now, just not on quality. The prices aren't that far off either. My 93' Mustang was stickered for $18K and ended up selling for $17K to the original owner. That's $37K in todays money, and you can get into a 5.0 for that kind of money or close to it.

Kurt
Hear ya about car pricing and "todays" money but I wouln't go as far as to say the average joe's wages have increased to keep up w/ new car pricing.