couple questions about matching engine parts

BuickNick

Nov 24, 2005
Picked up a 94 Mustang GT. I pulled the stock engine cause of a busted ringland on a piston. I'm rebuilding it now. I'm shooting for 300 *engine* hp. ( i know everybody loves rwhp, but we are talk engines here, not drivetrains).
I had the block bored .030, and am using sealed power hyper pistons. factory compression. (9.somthing) Rotating assembly is completely balanced and clearances all matched. I'm stuck with factory heads for money reasons. I already did mild port & polishing on them.

I'm upgrading to ford racing E303 cam, roller rockers, and windage tray.

The questions-

Are factoty springs cool for this cam, if not what springs are good? I couldn't find any reccomendations on ford racing's site...

Do you guys install this cam striaght up or advanced a bit? I am shooting for smooth broad power band.

What diameter valves are good for this goal on stock heads. gonna do the whole 3 angle deal, but i see alot of options for valve diameters? thinkin 1.90/1.60?

I haven't decided on an intake yet, and it won't be for a few months, but it will be one of the basic performance ones. Any particular recomendations? and what throttle body diameter would be right for this setup?

From what i understand I shouldn't need to upgrade injectors?

and the car has an aftermarket x-pipe with cats, and flowmaster catback.
I do not wish to use nitrous, or underdrive pulleys. If i don't hit exactly 300hp it's alrite.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

BuickNick said:
The questions-

Are factoty springs cool for this cam, if not what springs are good? I couldn't find any reccomendations on ford racing's site...

You should replace the springs. The factory springs are not the best, or most accurate.

BuickNick said:
Do you guys install this cam striaght up or advanced a bit? I am shooting for smooth broad power band.

can't help you here - never used this cam

BuickNick said:
What diameter valves are good for this goal on stock heads. gonna do the whole 3 angle deal, but i see alot of options for valve diameters? thinkin 1.90/1.60?

Read up on this: www.thumperoforangepark.com

BuickNick said:
I haven't decided on an intake yet, and it won't be for a few months, but it will be one of the basic performance ones. Any particular recomendations? and what throttle body diameter would be right for this setup?

www.tmossporting.com (port the stock lower)

BuickNick said:
From what i understand I shouldn't need to upgrade injectors?

They should be good, but you might want to clean or repair them with the motor down

BuickNick said:

Welcom to :SNSign: and don't forget to check out the 94/95 section too.