Custom Intercooler Coming Along Nicely (Pic Inside)

Stinger

Founding Member
Jul 7, 2001
Shawnee, KS
Update: The custom FMIC kits I mentioned a few months ago is coming along nicely. I just got one of the custom sized IC's in the mail today. I've got the tubing prebent. I just need to throw the IC (and a spare motor) in the SVO for final test fitting. Once I do that, the kits will be available.

The IC is sized to fit in the nose of SVO's, TC's, and 87-93 Mustangs and retain the AC condensor if desired. The IC outperforms the large NPR by a pretty good margin according the Dr Haulsee's IC Designer Program.

Question: Would you guys prefer "Stinger Performance" be molded into the top of the IC (where they put turboworks to show me how it looks) or have the core painted like many of the aftermarket IC's and Radiators are?

Here is a pic of the IC:
StingerIC.jpg

Attachments

• StingerIC.jpg
    StingerIC.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 136
  • Sponsors (?)

Not that I'll be having one in my car for a LONG time, but I think "Stinger Performance" on the top would be cool. Being that it's from you and your website and all, it just seems to fit. What is the kit going to cost? I remember $700ish being thrown out there, but have you decided a sure price?

honestly

Shannon,
I wouldnt waste the money putting it on the top where no one will ever see it. I would do like spearco does and have it steniled on the front where everyone will see it through the holes in the nose. JMHO.

Well, you can see it in SVO's when it's on the top...if you lift the hood it's nearly level with the bottom of the grill opening...

It doesn't cost extra either way...i'll probably stencil it if I can come up with a cool looking readable stencil

I was up for this for my stang but now I dont know how efective would this be on my TC? I dont know if the front bumper would alow enough air to make it more efective than my stock cooler?

Very nice...Now when you say "retain the AC condensor if desired" does that mean stock location/mounting, or with the radiator & condensor pushed back towards the motor?

I may also been ready to sink some cash for that when it's ready.

Do you have an ETA for the kit, or is it just a floating date?

Radiator can stay in stock location..condensor will need to be moved closer to the radiator by ~1/2" to clear the IC.

I'm working on finalizing the tubing this week...that means probably 3-4 weeks before it's all ready to ship.