Engine Cylinder 1 Is Dead

MNExotics

Jul 15, 2012
95 GT with a noid light on injector 1 I get no pulse. I swapped out the injector harness and I get the same results. It could be the pcm but I have never seen just a single cylinder fail before. Anyone have a guess?

• Sponsors (?)

thinking out loud here...well typing anyway, should have typed "stator" as opposed to rotor. It along with the PIP sensor tells the computer which injector to pulse ( I think)...again just a thought, if it has some gunk on it, might confuse the computer...

good luck

stalled on fixing this for a few days due to the second child being born. So far I have swapped the injector harness and the distributor and have no change. The noid light fires on every cylinder except #1. Anyone have a suggestion of what else to try?

The signal for injector #1 from the ECU is pin 58. I'm guessing that there is an open circuit between the injector harness connector and the ECU. You might try to see if you can get a pulse for #1 injector at the harness connector. The wire color code is "T" which should be tan.