daily driver engine combo. cheaper to build own combo or buy a new block?

StreetDreamsGT

Mar 6, 2003
New Jersey
Hey guys, I'm hoping to get some cash saved up over summer in order to take care of the engine,(has bout 115K miles). 1st of I've gotta make sure it's a daily driver and second it's gotta b able to pass inspection. One thing i'm trying to decide is wether or not it'd b cheaper to just buy a new engine. Ford racing sells a 302 wit, X303 GT-40 heads, E303 or B303 cam n no intake for 3,395. they say it's capable of making 340hp n 310ft/lbs of tq. or 345/205 depending on the cam u choose. That was something that caught my attention while I was just browsing. I've also seen a 385 hp super long block from dnd motorsports for 3,795.00. And a GT40 345 hp crate engine for 2,999.00. One thing i'm unsure bout is wether we're talkin rwhp or not(most likely not ). Mainly wut I had in mind for my engine was to stroke it to a 331, I kinda like tha GT40 intake so I was leaning toward that, or the trick flow. I really have no clu which heads i should use, and I figure the cam would be custom based upon the rest. One of the things i'd like to know is how much hp the stock block would b good 4. This car is mainly going to be street drivin and i'd rather keep it N.A. As of right now I have a cold air intake, and mac cat back wit custom tail pipes. I just had my car inspected last week and am planning on tossing on long tubes n an o/r X or H pipe, then doin tha swap bac for inspection weneva.

So here's a summary cuz i kno that was confusin as hell.

buildin 331 stroker, daily driver(so don't wanna go too far overboard on cam n all) n it needs to pass inspection. Preferably GT40 intake or Trick Flow. Lookin for ideas on tha heads n cam. Naturally Aspirated. I'm gonna b doin all tha work myself wit tha help of my dad. Most important I want to make sure once I build my engine i'm not going to have problems and need to change other things. I kno wen I start addin alla this air i'm gonna need ta give it new injectors n as it is i'm plannin on tossing in 4.10s, new rocker arms, throttle body n alla that good stuff.

Oh n one more thing I had in mind was the Holley SysteMAX package, wit intake, cam, heads, roller timing chain, pushrods, n thatz 4 2,199.00 n that produced 350 hp on a dyno.

Is it cheaper to build my own combo or buy a new one?

i appreciate u guyz puttin up wit alla these questions

oh n seein how i'm goin out 4 easter stuff 2day n prolly wont b able ta check ne of this till tom. after everything is ova, Happy Easter every1

• Sponsors (?)

Deere Gawd, G-homie slice fly, yu punctu8 and woent take thyme 2 right out werdz.:nonono:

Spend some of that saved money on grammer classes. I actually feel dumber reading gibberish like this, particularly from someone who can punctuate but won't take the time to write out words like "today."