Daily Driver year around ?

• Sponsors (?)

daily driver and weekly track star. not alot of snow here but we had a bad snow/ice storm 2 days after I bought my car and I had to drive it 500+ miles to get home with it, really sucks in the snow. I love driving my car but I really want to get a beater to drive daily and save the cobra for weekends and track.

Mine's a DD as well, and Pennsylvania winters are harsh. I run Avon Tech M550 all-season tires (or tyres, as Avon calls them), and they get me around even in winter, although during that season it isn't a pleasurable experience. They hook surprisingly well, though (see sig):D

I drive mine every day all winter. Hell, I got it right after Christmas. I just wash it at least once a week, but I do that the rest of the year as well, so I guess I make no accomodations for winter :shrug: Granted, I don't mistake it for a 4x4, and don't drive until the roads are plowed, but that's pretty much it. I don't know if I'd call MN winters harsh, per se, but it's cold and it snows. Just use TC like it was intended, and use your head. You can't drive around like it's summer.

Mines a DD 365 days a year. Living in the NE we get some decent snow. I use my stocker 16" wheels with regular all season tires in the snow and it's not so bad. I've never had any close calls either.

I'll be moving up to Erie, PA this summer and the winters there should be atrocious. Getting snow storms right off the lake I'm going to be tackling snow after snow after snow..