Death Of The Black Buggy

BlackBuggy

Aug 6, 2011
Indiana
I've had a tragedy in my life. The Black Buggy was totaled Friday morning.
Investigation is still under way as to what happened/why, so I can't say much about the details although you can tell from the damage to my vehicle that the mass and speed of the truck was likely a factor (police report says I failed to yield to oncoming traffic... I don't 100% agree due to how fast and hard I was hit). I only have a small bruise on left knee. Both driver airbags deployed (glad they swapped out the old Takata airbag) but the sealtbelt kept me safe and the airbags never touched me.
upload_2017-12-12_9-51-53.png

upload_2017-12-12_9-56-31.png

But life goes on and I already found a replacement/donor car- 2013 convertible GT Premium.
I am slightly bummed because the convertibles weigh about 200lbs more, but I can overcome that with a set of 3.73s (it has the 3.31s) and maybe some weight reduction up front (would be good to balance the weight between the front and rear anyway). Waiting to get Black Buggy back after insurance looks at it so I can start parting it out. I DID consider maybe an S550 model, but I have rode in one a few times and although the IRS does sound smarter for highway driving and line lock would be nice for the track, I am not a fan of the interiors.

Funny thing is that even with all of that damage, the truck sat high enough that it didn't even touch the front passenger rim, so I should be able to swap those Boss 302S rims over to the new Mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_1857.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG

Sorry for your loss. Made a pretty serious error in 2015 myself. Crawled out with 2 busted ribs though so, I think these cars are pretty stout in an accident situation. like you've already done, I just picked up a fully loaded 14 GT with the remains of the insurance money after paying out the loan on the 12. It means an additional year of car payments but, it sure could have been a hell of alot worse. This is what 600+ and bad judgment earned me. Good luck with your new ride!