Deep Dish Bullits on fox

I just got a 86 GT hatch with 5 lug convertion on it. What all would it take to fit a 10.5 deep dish bullit rim on the back with a 315/35/r17 or mabey if that tire is to big I could fit another size tire on the rim mabey. Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

No, those won't fit on a 79-93 fox Mustang without rear quarter panel mods or rear end narrowing, in which case you would only do on a drag car.

I think you can fit up to a 275mm or 285mm wide tire on a 9" to 9.5" wheel with when rolling the fender very tightly, otherwise 255mm or 265mm on a 9" wheel will be the limit with NO modification.

You can't put more than a 245mm on the front, so I'm assuming you only want the 315mm on 10.5" wheels for the looks, not performance driving?

10.5's are very tough to fit on Fox's. I have seen 18x10 bullitts on a Fox. Required quads to be removed, no tailpipes and lots of massaging.

I'd stick with 17x9" and you'd have to use a stock fox offset 5-lug conversion out back. No SN95 offsets

i'm doing a 10.5 wheel on my 91. remove quad shocks, roll fender lips. the 10.5 bullit wheel has a 27mm offset. and u might need a spacer 1/4 or 1/2. as far as a tire u can run a nitto 315/35/17 this is a narrow tire from nitto. i have seen people run a 275 tire with this rim and it looks great. i'm going with the nitto's. there is someone who started this on his car i will find it and post it. it's a 9sec notchback.

kn7671 said:
You can't put more than a 245mm on the front, so I'm assuming you only want the 315mm on 10.5" wheels for the looks, not performance driving?

I have 255s on the front of my car with a 17x9" wheel, they only rub alittle on full lock to lock turns.

Mustang5L5 said:
10.5's are very tough to fit on Fox's. I have seen 18x10 bullitts on a Fox. Required quads to be removed, no tailpipes and lots of massaging.

I'd stick with 17x9" and you'd have to use a stock fox offset 5-lug conversion out back. No SN95 offsets

I'm not trying to threadjack but what is the size of the stock bullitt wheels? 17x8?

Also, if you run the 17x9....is there something you have to beat in (when not using SN95 conversion) to get the rim to fit?

stock are 17x8

If you run 17x9 it should fit with minimal mods. But everyone's car is different. If you have big tailpipes it may rub on those or if you buy a brand of tire that is wider than other brands in the same size, it may rub also. For the most part, 17x9's will work out back fine

i run 18x10's in the rear on my 92 with 275-40.i pulled the quads off rolled the fenders and still have the tail pipes and still have room to the inner fender well.im putting on 295's soon and they should fit without any problems.

Jozey said:
i run 18x10's in the rear on my 92 with 275-40.i pulled the quads off rolled the fenders and still have the tail pipes and still have room to the inner fender well.im putting on 295's soon and they should fit without any problems.
Got any pics? I would love to see how these wide tires look on our cars.

Here is a local guy's car with custom 17x9.25 deep dish Bullitts on the rear, with stock length axles. He had the 10.5" ones narrowed, and said if he did it now, he would go with a 9.5" width since he has enough room. He's running 275s in the pic, but was planning to get 285s for his next set.

I don't really want to go up to 18s, so if I have the $$ I might do the same on mine.

425x283.aspx