Detroit Area Mustang guys

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, got a bit of a problem here and the Tech section isn't helping much...

Here's a copy of the original post. I could really use some help..

[OK, I'm hoping to get to the track tomorrow afternoon and since I work all morning, I have tonight to hopefully get the stang fixed...

First problem, found out my rockers were loose when I heard a chattering sound... just took off the valve covers and I was definately correct. so far 4 on the driver side are hand loose and one was actually hitting the valve cover!

They are 1.60 Ford SVO RR's (pedestal mount on stock heads). Is there a proper torque spec. for these?? If so, what is it?? and how do you torque them since I need an allen wrench to tighten them??

Second problem, I have an Edelbrock Performer 5.0 Intake that's hitting my stock hood on the spacer oil blowoff line which is fed from the valve cover.
I figured I'd delete the line and put on a breather cap so the line stops getting raped by the hood.

Go to buy one and the guy says 1st "A breather cap would do me no good since I have a PCV valve and it would just spit oil" I didn't believe him. and 2nd "The oil condensation I have coming from the line sounds like my piston rings are shot" This I am afraid may be more accurate!

I really need some help with these problems whether I can make it to the track tomorrow or not... so, Thanx in advance for any help you can offer on either.]

Jason

306stroker said:
saturday night 6-11 at milan is imports VS. domestics hope to see some of you guys out there to show up them neons and hondies :D

I'd love to go kick some ricer a$$, but I'm taking my wife out for her B-day. :shrug: I'll be there next Wednesday the 7th for test and tune if the weather holds up.

Jo_885o said:
Jason who put the rockers on the first time? And do u have a spacer on that rpm intake? It should'nt be hitting the hood if theres no spacer.

My buddy did them when I was replacing a head gasket... even though I can move the RR side to side a lil, I can't physically get them any tighter. Is there supposed to be a minimal amount of play side to side?? Don't move up and down. Also, there is no spacer just intake with stock hood... I DO have solid motor mounts that came on the car.. maybe they are holding the block higher then usual?? Not sure..

JimBowy said:
Question for you guys in the area,
I'm in Allen Park and wanted to know a good place to get some race fuel? (southfield and dix) I'm looking for 104 - 110 octane. Thanks

I'm surprised I haven't seen your car around, even though I live over by the creek..

I don't regularly cruise my mustang. I went out to telegraph and joy a couple times, and the last time I got a loitering ticket, so I haven't gone down there since. Maybe I'll check out 50s again, it was pretty cool last year.

Jo_885o said:
okay well was that u at least at joy and telegraph. Red vert mach 1 chin weld drag lites and flows. Also a little whinning coming from the engine bay. May be a look a like.

Yeah thats my car. You cant miss it, My license plate says CBRAKLR. Ive got a big silver Ford decal in the center of my rear window. Was that you parked next to me?? I think Doogz was the Laser Red Cobra next to the black GT that was next to me.