Diablo Predator Causing Crappy Times???

2klaseredstang

Feb 12, 2003
NJ
I have a 2000 Mustang Auto With 373 tlok bbk 65mm throttle body, mac cai, kenny brown 2.25 inch exhaust, bassani x pipe, and the diablo predator. I recnently went to the track and was running great up until the 1000 foot mark. 60ft times were 2.18 2.25 and 2.28 i was even beating and srt 4 with an exhaust. What happend was my car wouldn't shift into 4th gear which is about 84 85 mph, i have the shift point set at 5800 rpm from the 3rd to 4th gear, but the car would just peg off the limmiter which is 5900 and not shift on its own until i let off the throttle waited a sec and got back into it but by that time the 1320 had run out. I ended up with 16.1's at only 85 mph b/c of this problem when the srt i was taking ran a 15.1. The car goes through all the gears easily WOT except 3rd to 4th. Is it the predator's fault at all??? Any help would be great

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

For one, in the 4R70w automatic transmission, with 3.73 final drive gears, 118.935 mph is the end of 3rd gear if you are going to 5800, but 2nd gear is around 80 mph.

Chances are, what I am almost betting is your problem is the way you have it set to shift. The ECU is set to shift at one RPM, and it knows how long it will take to shift with the gear ratios and ect, so it sends the shift command earlier so it shifts before the limitter. When you add 3.73 gears to the back, the acceleration changes a lot, so when the ECU sends that shift command, it's still using the old coded parameters in the programming making it shift at one time, but because the acceleration is higher than it thinks, the shift actually comes on too late. What you need to do is lower the shift point, so the ECU and transmission have time to send codes to each other and complete the shift before that limitter. You just have to adjust it, try 5500 as the shift point between the gears, if it still is bouncing off that limitter, drop the shift rpm even more. The idea is to get it to shift just before that limit.

trust me when I say if u think by correcting that u can keep up with a SRT ur def. rong...and who ever was driving that SRT cant drive for **** because those things can launch quicker off the line and they can run a 13.8 Stock and I no this for sure cuz a friend of mine has done it...so either get it tuned by a pro...and still dont expect to be running in some mid 14's prolly will get mid/low 15's at best

Yeah man i know i shouldn't be able to take and srt 4 but this guy couldn't drive for ish i should have taken him that night. I do hope to see some high 14's just added a screamin demon coil pack and i got the problem all fixed.