Diablo Predator Issues Help

2klaseredstang

Feb 12, 2003
NJ
My 2000 v6 went in for service at a ford dealership. Had injectors replaced nothing major. I took off the predator settings incase they said they won't work on the car with them on. So i pick up the car and they said they reflashed the computer. I didn't think anything of it until i decided to reinstall the predator. I changed all my settings back to before the service and took the car out for a drive. I get out on the highway and floor it. The car won't downshift at all it will only shift at 3500 rpm even though the limiter is set at 6000 and the shift points are 5400. Also in WOT in third gear the car just tries to upshift downshift upshift downshift and shakes the ish out of the car. I took off the predator after this and the car runs perfect without it. I have a feeling whatever was in that computer reflash screwed up the predator working with the computer. Any hear of this or experience this?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know but I'll be interested to hear how it turns out for you.. I have a predator tune on my car, too. It has not been in for major service since I got the tuner. Now I'm starting to wonder.. :( Best thing I can suggest is ask the company, DiabloSports. I'll bet they have heard of this before.

when you install the tuner it stores your car's computer info on the tuner itself so you can reinstall it if needed, like you did. if the ford dealership reflashed the computer then the tuner probably wont read the computer the same as it used to. you can only use the tuner on one specific car, so when they reflashed it, it's like the tuner is trying to read 2 different cars.

thats just my guess. i would do like RED98 said and just call Diablosport.