Diablo Predator tuner question.....

Unreal281

Dec 18, 2004
Aight guys....here is the deal....

this kid that lives near me had a 2000 gt convertible....basic bolt ons....and bought a diablo tuner....

he ended up wrecking the car and totalling it....he wants to sell it to me for 75 bucks....which is a HELL of a deal....

only problem is.....when they were going to total the car....his insurance company was being gay about him going near the car and he never got to burn the tune off of the car and return it to factory so he could resell it....does that mean the the tuner is worthless....

I'll gladly pay to have the thing reflased...

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

The tuner is absolutely worthless if the stock tune wasn't returned to the original vehicle. The Predator VIN locks itself until unloaded. Don't buy it.

I take that back about being absolutely worthless, it's still good for reading OBD2 trouble codes.

jeffnoel said:
You can send it back to the manufacturer and have it reflashed.

No you can't. Diablosport WILL NOT reflash used Predators.

From their website:
Question: Is there any way to unlock a Predator that had been used, but the stock tune had NOT been returned to the original vehicle?
If the original backup/ saved data is not restored to the vehicle we cannot unlock it for further use.​

Question:On ebay I bought a used tuner that reads - last tune "diablo" meaning from your tech support that the guy I bought it from ripped me off. Is there nothing Diablo can do to reset it? I mean..I am going after this guy first but looking at my options.
Sorry, but if the tune is gone - that means the tool was used for its intended purpose. To put it in simpler terms, you were sold an eggshell when someone ate the egg. We (the chicken) cannot put that egg back into an old shell. Good luck on getting your money back.​

Predator: I recently bought a tuner off ebay that is EMPTY!! I contacted Diablo and they said there was nothing they can do. Is there a way I can pull a vin# from this tuner? Or is there anyway I can have it reprogrammed?? I bought it for $325 and have all receipts as well as ebay and pay pal investigations. No one will help me do anything. Thank you for your time-Shane
Unfortunatly, we do not support units purchased from unauthorized dealers or Ebay. As you are aware, if buying anything used, it is a buy at your own risk situation. We recomend visiting our local dealer locator to find an authorized Diablosport dealer near you.​