did i hurt my engine?

tonight I was showing off a little pealed out and did a donunt but when I went to power brake ( I know its hard on the drivetrain) the tires started to spin and then stoped and my revs started to drop by the time I let off the fell from 5000 to 1500 and all my friend and I could smell was clutch. I know my clutch is smoked, it doesnt engage till the last inch of the pedal and the pedal only has pressure in the first inch when i depress it. Do you think I hurt my engine? I will be getting the clutch replaced monday but iam concerned about my engine. let me know what ya think thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh well. I'm sure that didn't help your clutch. Try adjusting it on the firewall or pulling up on the pedal and then pushing down. Its supposed to self adjust. I've never had any luck with it though.

I'm sure the motor is fine. Mine gets abused alot and so did my npi one. They can take quite a bit.

You don't need a clutch, you just burnt up all your blinker fluid, so the clutch cant grab on the spinny-disk. :nice: Your motor might be blowed up - you can tell if it starts to smell like old oil, that means you need to do an oil change and when in there make sure you crank the car on to get ALL the oil out of the filter housing.

Are you sure your clutch is smoked? Put it in 4th gear around 1500RPM and floor it and see if it holds.

You may have glazed it over and a week or so of driving could possibly restore the grab point to normal.

Then again it could do nothing, but at least you would be sure you need to replace it

Are you sure your clutch is smoked? Put it in 4th gear around 1500RPM and floor it and see if it holds.

You may have glazed it over and a week or so of driving could possibly restore the grab point to normal.

Then again it could do nothing, but at least you would be sure you need to replace it

ya its smoked It barely grabs at all. I have already adjusted it and it helped a little but its still not grabing very well in 1st or 2nd. its also very hard to downshift properly. oh well centerforce DF going in monday.