Did you guys see "Pinks" Wed night on speedchannel?

ROLLIN5.0

Nov 19, 2004
Tulsa, OK
This show just came out this year, and basically, you go online and challenge someone. The directors of the show see what you have, and if they like it, they put you on the show. It's all 1/4 mile. You run a test run, and then get to inspect the other guys car for like 10 minutes, then negotiate (I get two lengths head start, ect.), race, negotiate, race, if needed negotiate, race. If you can't reach a mutual agreement in the negotiations, the TV show gets both of your cars. The winner of 2 out of the three gets the losers car. Well, the first few episodes were pretty stupid. There were guys showing up in junky cars, so if they lost they wouldn't be losing much. Well, Wed night, I tuned in, and it was a Fox body, fully built with a 2 stage 300 shot (150/150), slicks, cage, the whole nine, against what I think was a Falcon that was the same story, but less N2O. They were two fully built Ford race cars. I only caught the negotiations for, and the final race. I guess the Fox got the other guy pretty good in the second race, so before the third, the other guy says he wants the Fox to just run his first stage of N2O, and unhook the solenoids for the second shot. They agree, unhook, and go heads-up. Oh, I forgot to add that each team can prep the lane (glue/propane torches, ect.). Both of these cars dug. They showed it from the rear, but I'm pretty sure they both pulled the fronts pretty good. It looked like the Falcon had it won easily at the 1/8, but the Fox reeled him in, and put three cars on him in the last few hundred feet. Then the other team started whining that the Fox guys must have still had all their N2O, and the driver of the fox said he didn't, and pretty much called em all bitches, and told em to quit crying lol. Then he went over, and put the Falcon on his car hauler which was a newer Peterbilt with a full car hauling trailor (like what new cars are delivered to the dealer on). It was pretty sweet. Just wondered if anyone else saw it.
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

I truely wonder how much of that is true. If it is how big of an ego or wallet do you have to have to even concider racing for pink slips. I'm sorry but there are WAY too many variables in racing for me to even concider something like that. I caught the final race, but that is all I saw.

I can't stand that show, they dont even use a tree, the guy just drops his hands (then argues when somebody "supposedly" false starts, and there is no way to prove it)

In my opinion-the whole show sucks

I tivo all the shows so I can fastforward thru the commercials and the crappy parts. I wonder if they get paid to be on the show and if so how much? That would explain the junkers. As far as the show itself, its just entertainment

Swarzkopf said:
Exactly! Why the **** don't they use a tree?

I think they want it to be more like street racing and how can you use a tree if you give a guy 10 lengths? :shrug: I think the sandbagging that goes on ruins the show. I think guys should be matched up, head to head with a tree and race :banana:

I hate the show the host is a total D.Bag, the things these people ask for in a race are jokes "I want 12-15 car lenghts". I think the scouts for the show should match up cars better as few have been even matches.

If your going to race from a stop then go, no lenghts, no shut this off or that. You run and shut the F up, its for a title not fun expect the other person to pull all the stops. Do you see the top fuel cars that dont qualify asking for lenghts? No they dont get to run.

I've watched a few episodes, and wasn't really into it. That's why I asked if anyone saw this episode. I just caught the end, but it was the closest to the real deal that I have seen. Most of the people on there are owners of speed shops, and are challenging rival owners from their own area. Atleast on the episodes I have seen.
Brandon

I've seen a few episodes and thought it was strange that they didn't use a tree AND they don't make the end of the race very clear. For a TV show, they ought to have more cameras to replay the end of the race and show exactly what happened during the race.

The show should do a better job of showing the races. About half of the races I saw, the finish line was never clear OR they didn't show the end. One race involved one guy with an 8 car-length head start, but it didn't look right (almost like they aired the wrong race for that particular run).

Almost interesting, but totally needs improvement. What dumba$$ would risk his ride on a show with so many obvious problems? Apparently a few.

I have seen the show a couple of times, and I am another one who can't stand how it is organized. I saw one were a $20K V-Rod lost to a $3K Suzuki bike! Who would do that? Who would risk nearly 7x the money for a POS bike like that? The sheer functioning of the show just makes no sense to me. I understand the way it is organized is to make things competitive, but not knowing if someone is sandbagging and by how much, that is not a fair comparison. How pissed would you be if your car was obviously faster than the other guys, gave him 10 lengths and he wanted 12, so you gave him 12 and lost by one. I would be very stubborn to "give up" the advantage that my car had rightfully deserved being faster, only to get beat by because I gave up too many lengths.

Sorry, it was a Nova.....
I think those are dzus fasteners across the front of the hood.....
Pinks!1.jpg

Pinks!2.jpg

Pinks!3.jpg

Pinks!4.jpg

Pinks!5.jpg

Pinks!6.jpg

Dennis