Difference visually between P.I. heads and non P.I. heads

Hey 4.6 guys! I hope this isn't a re-post, I did a quick search, but don't have much time .. gotta head to work!! A friend of mine just bought a 98 GT vert, 5 speed, he's typically a chevy guy, what got him to come over from the dark side?! I don't know, anyways, when he got the car, the guy he bought it from said he had swapped some parts from a 2000 GT, my friend says it pulls pretty good. I think I can pick out the difference in intakes, but is there anyway of knowing if they are 99+ heads without taking anything apart?!

Any help would be appreciated .. thanks guys!

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

0302MM_Interchange131.jpg

Depending on what year Mod engine you have, you'll find different valve covers that may not interchange from year to year. While the bolt pattern is the same on all passenger-car engines, the covers with the oil fill on the passenger side (shown) will not work with the Bullitt or FRPP High-Flow intakes. We believe these to be 1999-01 valve covers.

0302MM_Interchange132.jpg

Valve covers with the oil fill on the driver side will work with the Bullitt (or high-flow) intakes and can be found on some 1996-98 and all 2002 engines.
^ since you said 2000

Understood!! Well I should see the car tomorrow for the first time. we'll check it out then. Just curious to try and figure out what work has been done to it, or if the previous owner just made stuff up about swapping the parts to help make the sale!! As I say, we'll see!!

Thanks!

The oil fill is a dead give-away. But some PI have it on the Driver's side too. The letters "PI" are stamped somewhere but I don't know where.

On Edit: Also, maybe check the coolant sensors to see if there is a differently tapped one or a "Y" on the sensor cause pre-PI had two sensors where PI has one, so the wiring dictates that you mod for two sensors.