Differences between 2.3 and 5.0 k-member

softballnrd27

Aug 8, 2011
Differences between 2.3 and 5.0 k-member/front suspension

What are the differences between the 2? What would I need to change on the 2.3 k-member to swap in a 5.0? I am not buying a donor car and I have read that a 2.3 k-member will work. I know the struts are different along with the spindles and spring rates, is there any other differences? Control arms?

• Sponsors (?)

The K member is the same, along with the radiator and fuel pump, but a large multitude of things are different. At Mr5ohs Mustang Page is an article I wrote on the topic several years ago. Going carb versus EFI simplifies the project significantly, but it is far easier to buy a V8 Mustang to start with, or a donor car if you really insist. My current Mustang started life as a 4 cylinder car, which is where the material came from to write the article. Good Luck!

I can't have a non-operable vehicle at my house so a donor/parts car is out of the question. I will have everything that I nedd parts wise(you know how that goes though) before I start the swap. I already have a motor sitting in the garage and some other small things but I won't start until I have everything.