do u all use one or two license plates?

laser2kgt

Feb 18, 2004
Laredo, TX
do u all use one or two license plates? if so do u only have em in the front or in the back or both? i ask because i am considering buying some chrome license plate frames. i dont know if i should buy only one or two. something i have seen is people without the license plates in the front but with em in the back. where do u all stand? also r these okay? im cheap. guide me people.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=2473895134&category=6755#ebayphotohosting

• Sponsors (?)

Two plates here....NO frames

I just use the smoked covers...flat on the front, "bubbled" in the back :nice:

573472_17_full.jpg

573472_2_full.jpg

Does this count as two? One night last summer I parked my STS in the drive way. When I looked into the garage window at my Mustang, this is what I saw. What the....? It took a few seconds to figure out what was happening.

Attachments

• CaddyMustang-600.jpg
    CaddyMustang-600.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 172
I'm not exactly sure I understand the question...but...whether or not you use one or two license plates is determined by your state. In New York you are required to use two, however, where I live(PA), we only need one in the back.

I only run a back plate, and have for my 3 years of driving with 2 cars. I do have a bracket for the front though that i plan to put on soon...im gonna get popped for no plate now (finds some wood to knock on)

Yep, different states have different laws...Missouri says 2 plates; I only have one on my stang and it's in the back. I've been pulled over twice for not having a front plate, but got off both times. I imagine it would be easy to get out of it, just put your plate on and go tell the judge some excuse or tell the cop you need a bracket or something. The first time I got stopped for it, I was running w/ unhooked mufflers, so it was obnoxiously loud and the cop told me w/ exhaust sounding like that, the highway patrol will notice me and they WILL give me a ticket for no plate. :notnice:

propellerhead said:
My 04 GT has 4 really small dimples on the front bumper where the screws would go. No visible bracket. I'm thinking I can get away with leaving the plate on the dash so it's sort of visible and using the "no bracket" excuse.

Has anyone used this approach? Experiences?

One the dash is acceptable in Texas, just as long as it is visible from the front. They were not to bad and they are not moving violations so they don't mess with your insurance. I think they were both about $75 each. That was a few years ago.

Paul