Does anyone use the FRPP full gasket kit for rebuilds

jb1dsl

May 24, 2004
Marianna, Fl.
I was looking through the summit mag and saw this FRPP gaskte set ( http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FMS-M-6003-A50&autoview=sku ) and was wondering would it be the same felpro kit I would get at the parts store. It is cheaper than the felpro kits but it says made by felpro. The only thing is I will have to get a one piece rear main seal. Will these head gaskets be suitable for 9.8/1 c.r. and street only car? I've always used felpro and this looks like a great buy. Is there something else missing from this kit, that I would need to purchase. The motor is a 94 block, 331 stroker with edelbrock rpm heads.

Thanks
Brad

• Sponsors (?)

I usually piece together what I need. The intake gaskets in that set will likely have too small ports for your heads. I also don't like the four piece oilpan gasket, 1 pc only for me. The head gaskets will be fine. I used the same ones on my 331 with it's 10.4 to 1 ratio but also liberally coated them with Copper-Kote before suing them. No sealing problems after over a year's run time. (I have Canfield aluminum heads) I may pay more for gaskets the way I do it, but I get what I need and want. Felpro just doesn't have a set with everything I want.