Don't buy projector headlights..

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
Just FYI on my experience. The fitment is terrible, the lights leak, they are impossible to aim, especially b/c they are all one piece. And I have found that the plastics BREAK very easily. The lights were $200 but they are junk. The ones I bought have a part # of FD94MT-14510PJX

• Sponsors (?)

The ones with one halo?

I have those and they look good, but they are crap.

I love how they look at night though. Thats the main reason I havent just bought some smoked lights.

I was debating buying projectors over regular clear headlights for a good while, then thanks to :SNSign: I finally decided there were too many disadvantages to getting projectors and went with clears. If I'd ever reconsider, I'd get the ones similar to the APC ones (never thought I'd say that), which are seperate headlights and corners, like 95riosnake has. They look sweet.

I was debating buying projectors over regular clear headlights for a good while, then thanks to :SNSign: I finally decided there were too many disadvantages to getting projectors and went with clears. If I'd ever reconsider, I'd get the ones similar to the APC ones (never thought I'd say that), which are seperate headlights and corners, like 95riosnake has. They look sweet.

Ill more than likely get the black ones like that next.

I was debating buying projectors over regular clear headlights for a good while, then thanks to :SNSign: I finally decided there were too many disadvantages to getting projectors and went with clears.

:nice: Me too.
I love the look of the projectors myself but after reading Eric's thoughts about them (read: their installation), I decided against it.

Thanks for the review Pokageek. :nice:

personaly i love your car... but dont like the head lights... id rather see some smokes on your car... but to each is his own

Once I get gears, drag radials, and new seats, smoked headlights and fogs will be next. The projectors Ihave are lookign bad on the inside of the lens already after like 5 months.

mine were junk too! i thought i just got the bad pair... i had to glue the plastic and trim some to get them even in right... and i still have to take them back out and put a nut on the bottom one so the dims don't aim 1foot in front of my car

i like the look but they are fo sho JUNK!!!

My friend had them on his 97 GT and I thought they looked good, but it was impossible to see anything at night once they were finally aimed correctly. I think the only way I'd get any is if I were planning to cut them up and put HID projectors in the shell.

Mine aim fine. You have to aim them kinda high though.

What I dont understant iy they couldnt come up with a better way to hold the bulbs in. Thats pretty much the reason mine look like crap on the inside.