Don't buy projector headlights..

• Sponsors (?)

I have 2-pc projectors and there pretty good. Its gotta glass lense (no more yellowing plastic) and they dont leak or fog up. I paid like $80 plus shipping w/ matching corners, I dont have one complaint about them (except maybe that therere kinda heavy, cuz of the glass). I asked around a whole bunch before i bought them tho.

I have 2-pc projectors and there pretty good. Its gotta glass lense (no more yellowing plastic) and they dont leak or fog up. I paid like $80 plus shipping w/ matching corners, I dont have one complaint about them (except maybe that therere kinda heavy, cuz of the glass). I asked around a whole bunch before i bought them tho.

glass huh i would be scared of stones flying up on the highways that would suck...but it sounds like you got a great deal price wise:D

BLAHAHAHA thats funny and to who ever asked about the new vettes ...vettes are the gayest vehicle ever IMO....:nonono: lame....gto are alright if i got a great deal on one i would probley drive it. but the other probley no dont like the look of them....and i dont see projectors on mustangs...? im confused

:ban: Do a search on the 2007 Z06. If a 505 HP 427 in a 3130 pound car doesn't get you drooling, then you need a new hobby.

I tried the one piece projectors... they leaked like a spaghetti strainer. Since I had the stock ones out, I used this method:

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/exterior/headlights/index.shtml

And put them back in. Looks good and could have saved myself 213 bucks.

Adam

:ban: Do a search on the 2007 Z06. If a 505 HP 427 in a 3130 pound car doesn't get you drooling, then you need a new hobby.

I tried the one piece projectors... they leaked like a spaghetti strainer. Since I had the stock ones out, I used this method:

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/exterior/headlights/index.shtml

And put them back in. Looks good and could have saved myself 213 bucks.

Adam

guess i need to sell both my mustangs then becuase i think corvettes are so gay...:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: anyone want a 94 gt and a 93 gt vert pm me.

no aftermarket headlamp enclosures measure up to stock. that is a horrible thing to say too because our stock headlamps suck. just my opinion, but lights like that belong on civics and accords, not mustangs.....;)

Unfortunately for you (not flaming), they are already on the new vettes, viper and many other cars. Look at the 2001...-2003?..I think..mustang headlights. They look the same too.

I'm not a big fan of the projectors on our cars. But as Green 94 5.0 said. The aftermarket ones in general won't seal up as well. As soon as I got my smoked headlights, I sealed them with clear caulk. So far no problems. They do NOT shine as well as stock (non-yellow) lights.... so I aim mine a little high to compensate for it. :wink:

Unfortunately for you (not flaming), they are already on the new vettes, viper and many other cars. Look at the 2001...-2003?..I think..mustang headlights. They look the same too.
im not talking about vehicles that come with them from the factory. im talking about the poorly made aftermarket lamps sold by apc and other such manufacturers. the difference is, vettes, vipers, bmw's and other such cars came stock with them. aside from having true xenon lamps, they light up the road like you wouldnt believe. there is a huge difference. a buddy of mine had a set of those one piece projectirs and the light output was equal to me taping 2 flashlights on the hood. i cant believe you are even comparing apc junk to oem hid projectors. you may as well start comparing geo metro's to lamborghini murcielago's.

i just reread my post and it comes off a bit sarcastic, and that wasnt my intention. so i will clarify. my gripe is not with projector lights in general. my gripe is the fact that aftermarket lenses are poorly made all around. the optics of the lenses are terrible, the materials used are cheap, and the sealing is less than perfect as well. on a factory equipped car, 9 times out of 10, it is an hid bulb in the projector with an auto levelling system. you just cant compare the two. iwhen it comes to my car, i like the cosmetic stuff as much as the next guy, but when it comes to headlamps and my safety when driving at night, functionality is the only thing important to me which is why i would never use an aftermarket projector setup on my car.

My 04' 5 series Bm'r has those s I thought I would give them a try on stang. and no they don't compare quality wise, they suck..so I am not disagreeing with you at all. But when you look at the one fella's car on this thread, they make his car look pretty good.