Don't like my Exhaust sound..Help

Okay so I got 1 5/8 Shorty Pype headers going to have 2 1/2 Pypes X pipe off road with modular cats. I have flowmaster 40 series muffles on it and I am teird of the same sound I know that my x pipe will make a new sound over my stock H pipe with 4 cats but. I just don't really care for the flowmaster sound honestly. Now my main question really is would stright pipes hurt my car at all? I read stuff about reverise presure or some **** screwing your valves or bending them. I like the sound my friend has on his 92 stock exhaust gt with stright pipes turned down. Very loud when he WOT. I like it, I don't mind the drony sound that people talk about bc I have that already. I'm just scared of damage and if it would be much much louder with 1-5/8 headers, heads, and cam.

• Sponsors (?)

You won't damage anything by running without mufflers, what you're most likely refering to is back pressure. now i'm not saying you can just run the car with a set of shorty headers, you do need atleast a mid pipe to get the exhaust far enough away from you and out of the car, but i would still keep some sort of muffler. imo cars without mufflers sound terrible, they crackle and pop and just don't sound that great. I personally prefer the dynomax ultraflow mufflers. they flow well and sound great!

Yeah I realzie I guess I was using the wrong word. I am still keeping the X pipe just taking off the muffler, crossmemeber and beond just being stright no muffler. I wasnt aware that stright pipes actually ment stright pipes from the headers. So sorry for any confusion stated by myself ealier.

Straight pipes (which to me means no cats and no mufflers regardless of where the pipes exit) make a car sound like an old beat up farm pick up truck that the exhaust fell off of.

Dumps? You have a cobra right? Don't even consider it. First off they are horrible to drive around with, they are loud and vibrate parts inside the drivers cabin, second of all, a cobra missing the tail pipes will look plain old terrible.

Get you exhaust parts on your car before you make any decisions, going from cats to no cats completely changes how a car sounds, night and day.

Yeah I decided not to try the cat back stright pipe no mujfflers? Idk wtf to call it since I'm getting the Pypes X pipe 'm going to just see how it sounds n sell my flowmaster 40 mufflers n get new ones if I don't like them maybe even pypes violator, might just but the stights on bc ppl say theyre fun for two weeks after that its old. I just really wanna drown out my exhaust leak its looouuuuddddddd

I personally prefer the dynomax ultraflow mufflers. they flow well and sound great!
I just swapped Flowpath's for these. The drone from the Flows was brutal... although I do miss the the heads turning from the obnoxious loudness.... lolol:rlaugh:

Hmmmm I don't mind the drone this is my daily driver and actually it wakes me up in the morning.... lol Having to get up at 1:50am I need anything that keeps me awake. I want something loud but the laptop I use has blown speakers and all the test samples sound the same. Could I possible put the cats on my x pipe and just no muffler? So I keep backpressure, kinda the same ass offroad with mufflers for back pressure right? Or does anyone know a very loud agreessive muffler. I know alot depends on h/c/i also for sound which I am trying to aim for afr185 custom cam<From Rick the mustang Dr.>
and Holly System.

93svt, what exactly is on the car right this second? I'm having trouble figuring out if you already put the headers and x pipe on. Do you have a catback flowmaster exhaust or just the mufflers?
Also you exhaust leaks now too?

Is your new x pipe catted or not?

Right this sec I have the 1 5/8 Headers and Stock H pipe that is giving me the Exhaust leak. I have Catback Flowmaster 40 Series on it. I plan on getting the Pypes Off Road X-Pipe with the put on cats<The new x pipe will be off road, but it comes with modular cats that I can hook up. Within a week. that is currently what is on this car at this sec.

Here's what you do, get you new headers and x pipe put on (without cats) and leave the catback alone for now.
Installed right with no leaks, you should have a significantly different sound than you have at this moment.
Then worry about your catback if you still don't like it.
But i have a feeling you will and you won't need to change a thing.

You can't really say you don't like your current exhaust sound when you have cats and a leak, because of course that sounds like garbage.

I agree that why I didnt cut em off yesterday. it just took me about a month to put the headers on and they took 3 people 6 hours way to long.... We didnt have a tourch or cutting tools. 18 years worth of rust and a whole can of PB bastler didnt help much lol. And the Pipe didnt line up with the heads all we have it was ramped up no lift =*( But I assume that the pypes headers and pipe will line up perfectly. It never been in a accidently so I don't think there is any frame damage and it has good chassis stiffen on it. so far all work on this car done by alot of people everyone says it a 11 out of 10 on a bitch scale.. But we're not 5.0 pro or nor where the random mech. I'm just affaird I neeed a new driveshaft before I can buy the pipes just don't want to keep pushing them back... The leak is killing me....sounds like a 4 banging on 1 leg....