Door Window Adjustment.

PattyJoe

May 24, 2014
Hello all. I recently picked up an 84 t-top with an 87-93 nose. I am having some difficulty trying to get the passenger window to go up and down on the tracks. I am assuming t-top mustangs use the same doors as convertibles since they do not have a frame around the window? Does anyone know any good articles or links on how to adjust the windows on a convertible or t-top fox or know what may be causing my windows to shift forward and aft causing problems going up and down.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the Guide Bushings are worn if it is flopping around, I just installed a new ps door glass in my car this week, its nice to have it go up and down smoothly.

my window is not flopping in and out, it is going forward and aft like it isn't on a track at at all. I have to pull the window up and keep it level to get it all the way up. It's driving me insane.

It's a t-top car. I don't think I have a run channel. However after opening up the door that works perfectly I found the problem. Not only are the bushings missing off my passenger side door, but the top bracket(flat piece of metal held down with two bolts) that the bushing sits in is not there, allowing my glass to rock forward and back. So I need to find that bracket and order the bushings from latemodelrestoration. Thanks for all your help!