Progress Thread Driven Af Black 89 Vert

Aug 11, 2017
I picked up this beautiful 89 vert in Scottsdale sometime late April 2017.

front.jpg
rear.jpg

From what the previous owner told me, he got the car in trade. He related the previous owner to him owned a body shop and was "restoring" the car.

He put new paint, new top, new interior, all new suspension, rebuilt trans, rebuilt motor, 5 lug conversion, new wheels and tires- pretty much a new 89 mustang when I got it.
It didn't have much for performance, but its a great street car. Just a aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, tubular GT40 intake, BBK CAI, and BBK shorty headers and a set of flows. I am pretty sure the automatic has a shift kit just due to the hard tire chirping shifts in 1-2, and sometime 2-3. She is really clean a rust free all around. Got to love Arizona.

Since I got the car I have replaced the hood and got a new front bumper in which I molded in a grille delete and filler panel. Also the new one piece smoked headlights.
hood.jpg

front bumper.jpg

clean front.jpg

I still need to trim a little more behind the grille.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have also added 3G alternator, deleted the smog pump, BBK longtubes, BBK catless x-pipe, Ford Ra
cing diff cover, Moser 28 spline hardened axles, Moser C Clip eliminators, full LED light conversion in and out.
alt and smog del.jpg

tune up.jpg

BBK long tubes.jpg

I put in all new window motors, bushings, and window tracks for the front and rear quarter windows, followed by tint.

I am now in process of re-doing the entire interior. I have all new Corbeau seats in suede with matching upholstery for the rear. Also made my own door panels and recovered the rear.
seats.jpg

rear seat.jpg

door panel and rear panel.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
If you guys would like to follow along you can see a little more on my IG @driven_af or the Driven AF facebook page.

I will keep posting as the changes go along.

I also have a full 96-98 brake swap, full tubular fornt and rear suspension, SVE coilovers, and a lot more that is going to be going in