Roush Dyno Results from 475 Upgrade Kit

Hello All.....

I am going to be posting over here more often now, some of the "other" boards are getting a little too hostile.... I have an 06 S281-SC. I dyno'd it before the 475 upgrade was done, and it put down 372HP and 358ft/lbs of torque. It showed almost 5lbs of boost and the A/F was all over the map. Saleen SSV here in Michigan installed my upgrade a few weeks back and I have to say the guys at Saleen here in Michigan are fantastic to deal with... From the time my car was built there, to the installation of my upgrade kit.... Anyway... I finally made it to the Dyno today and the car put down 401HP and 377 Ft/lb's of torque. The boost saw 6.88 and the Air/fuel was between 12.0 and 12.5 going closer to 12.0 at the top end of the run. The baseline and the run today were both performed on a Mustang dyno and done to the specifics from Saleen on how they dyno a car. The Air/Fuel was taken from a bung in the exhaust before the cat like it should be. I can say the kit was well worth it and the car is a very different now. The boost comes in at partial throttle now and pulls hard through the RPM's. If any of you are thinking about getting it, I give it a thumbs up.

Brad

• Sponsors (?)

word of advice since i do tunning as well, dont be afraid to ask your tuner to check af ratio on the street. thats so important i had cars on the dyno show 11.8 af and get them on the street and they were 12.0-12.2. One trip down the drag strip will show the hp. but these 05-07 cars are just nasty on what they can do I would love to drive one myself.

Brad, nice car and congrats on the upgrade. The stock 435 is just nasty.

I too am of the crowd that will say that A/F is a little lean. What intrigues me though is that these 475 HP kits seem to make the advertised HP at the 12-12.5 A/F range.

Mine ran 11.5-11.8 A/F and made 465 HP. I think I am now of the opinion that they confuse the 465 hp tune with the 475 hp tune from time to time and I received the 465 hp tune.

Talking with my friend that did the dyno work on my car, Im not worried about the A/F. He tunes some pretty serious cars, and said with the boost level I am running, that 12-12.5 is safe. Im not worried about hurting the car, I just want to enjoy it every time I drive it. Sometimes I think people get too wrapped up in numbers and forget why they drive what they drive. My car draws enough attention and turns heads wherever I go, and I can't ask for anything more. Everytime I turn the key, I get the little grin for a few seconds and I head out on my way.....

thanks for the kind words about my car... I do appreciate it.

Brad

Brad,

Can you post the graph from your car?

Guys, if he is seeing these numbers from a mustang dyno then EVERYONE else's cars that we know about including ours are making no power at all.

Bebe, be honest. Do you work for SSV?

On Monday when Im back at work, I will scan the dyno sheets. I do NOT work for Saleen or at SSV and have no obligation to them. Im just a Saleen customer that lives and works about 5 minutes from SSV. I have added a PDF of the RAW data from one of the runs, but thats all I have at home with me...... Monday I will get the scans of the dyno sheets.

Brad

Attachments

• Brad's Saleen.pdf
    12.5 KB · Views: 195
Since i have a dyno i know. Im sure you car runs awsome but for the next guy when he gets it tuned like we suggested get the af on the street as well. You can not get the air into a sc engine like driving down the road compared to a dyno. I know these cars make the hp numbers but you can do it with a safe af ratio in the 11's. Thats why when i test a part on a stang i dyno it and retune it to same af ratio and then you get your results funny most do not do that because they like the huge numbers.

Thanks Brad.

If you can post your run on monday that would be great. I'm trying to complile a small comparison file between the two tunes. Yea, it's a bit lean but not far off from what we have been seeing. Just to confirm, this was on a Mustang dyno?

Here is a scan of the dyno sheet. The Black is the Torque, the Blue is HP, the Red is A/F and the Green is Boost. The light colors kinda wash out... If anyone wants a cleaner copy PM me and I will send you a bigger file thats easier to read.

Attachments

• dynorun.jpg
    dynorun.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 132
Thanks Brad.

It's not nearly as bad as mine ( air/fuel ) but still looks a bit lean. How is Saleen at SSV? Did they nuke your warranty after the install or give you hope that if you left it untouched that they would honor a powertrain warranty, specifically, a blown motor.

I checked with my buddy last night to see what the saleen upgrade kits are doing on his dyno.

And basically he said nothing good when using the saleen tune that comes with the upgrade kit.

He's seen numbers that range from 385-420 on a dyno jet, and said that the a/f ratios are a mess, and that the kit needs a custom dyno tune, not the generic, one size fits all, tune that comes with it.

2000xp8 said:
I checked with my buddy last night to see what the saleen upgrade kits are doing on his dyno.

And basically he said nothing good when using the saleen tune that comes with the upgrade kit.

He's seen numbers that range from 385-420 on a dyno jet, and said that the a/f ratios are a mess, and that the kit needs a custom dyno tune, not the generic, one size fits all, tune that comes with it.

That's good info and seems to jive with what we are starting to see with various posts recently. These things are all over the map.