Dynolicous iPhone app

magnj

May 30, 2007
Hey guys, not sure if anyone saw this yet but there is an app out for the iTouch/iPhone that uses the Gmeter to estimate horsepower, 0-60, 1/4 mile times, etc. You have to have the 2.0 software(10$) and the app itself costs 12$ but for the price it seems pretty cool. I just went out and tested it and it's pretty neat. However it's a little hard to find a place where you can open it up from a dead stop repeatedly so I'll need more time to play with it before I can say whether or not it's a valuable tool.

Anyone else used it?

http://www.dynolicious.com/

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I am using it on the iTouch. I had to pay 10$ for the upgrade to 2.0 software but if your buying a new one it will come with it I believe. Then it's 12$ for the app.

I have not had time to play with it. You need an open road where you can do 1/8 or 1/4 mile runs repeatedly to get a reasonably accurate average. The only thing that is a little sketchy is the HP ratings.

It would be a great tool to test before and after results of mods.

well its my first app. when i get my touch, it would just be fun to tool around with it and i can use my itouch for other things instead of buying just a meter for 300.00.....

is it giving you outrageous waste of money rating though? caue then its :notnice: for r me

For 12$ it certainly can't get any better. Certainly not a professional unit, certainly a margin of error, but I could legitimately see myself using to to compare times after major modifications or to work on launches and stuff. The G meter is actually really good, it's just difficult to estimate speeds and times without having gps data.

Waste of money, not imo.

I have this app. I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet, but it seems like it works well from the few times I've goofed around with it.

Yea besides the fact that I misplaced my touch!, I don't really know where to go. There is one road but I don't feel comfortable doing near 100 with a car doing 35 on the other side of the road.