E.T. DIFFERENCE GOING FROM 3.27's TO 4.10's

• Sponsors (?)

gears

I have 3.55's, pullys, cold air intake, predator hand tuner, and an edge 3200 converter. Without the converter my best et was 60' 2.08, 9.01 at 77 1/8 mile in hot Georgia weather. With the 3200 last night and a taller than stock et street the car went 60' 1.89, 8.81 at 78. I wasn't too happy with the converter. I am going to go back and try again next friday with a 275/40/17 nitto drag. I have 4.10s, mac longtube headers and a pro chamber at the house in the closet, but I am doing one mod at a time to see the time difference.

Yeah i was under the impression gears netted you pretty much .2 sec in the 1/4 mile, reguarless if they were 3.73s or 4.10s. At least since i've been a member here, thats what everyone has always posted their gains being

UDTBadkarma said:
Yeah i was under the impression gears netted you pretty much .2 sec in the 1/4 mile, reguarless if they were 3.73s or 4.10s. At least since i've been a member here, thats what everyone has always posted their gains being
so if 3.73s and 4.10s both netted .2 sec, whats the advantage of 4.10s?

DerekStangGT said:
so if 3.73s and 4.10s both netted .2 sec, whats the advantage of 4.10s?

Well the steeper, the more the improvement. But all the cases i've seen have netted .2 in the 1/4 with just a gear swap to 3.73 or 4.10s. 4.30s are idealy best for N/A 1/4 use, but its a little steep for DD for most. But honestly i think the 1/4 mile time difference between two identical cars with 3.73s and another with 4.10s would just be a drivers race. Thats why i just said either gear will net ya .2. I was just generalizing the times that i've seen people post. 4.10s are better for 1/4 racing of course, but i've seen them both net around .2...thats all im sayin

UDTBadkarma said:
Well the steeper, the more the improvement. But all the cases i've seen have netted .2 in the 1/4 with just a gear swap to 3.73 or 4.10s. 4.30s are idealy best for N/A 1/4 use, but its a little steep for DD for most. But honestly i think the 1/4 mile time difference between two identical cars with 3.73s and another with 4.10s would just be a drivers race. Thats why i just said either gear will net ya .2. I was just generalizing the times that i've seen people post. 4.10s are better for 1/4 racing of course, but i've seen them both net around .2...thats all im sayin
theoretically, 4.10s will get you faster in the 1/4 than 3.73s. thing is, it takes a lot of practice to keep from spinning first and second, thus the lower times. however when someone learns to slip the clutch right w/ 4.10s, the gains are noticeable.

DerekStangGT said:
theoretically, 4.10s will get you faster in the 1/4 than 3.73s. thing is, it takes a lot of practice to keep from spinning first and second, thus the lower times. however when someone learns to slip the clutch right w/ 4.10s, the gains are noticeable.

:stupid: exactly.
See you knew that. Why'd you ask me :p

DerekStangGT said:
theoretically, 4.10s will get you faster in the 1/4 than 3.73s. thing is, it takes a lot of practice to keep from spinning first and second, !thus the lower times!. however when someone learns to slip the clutch right w/ 4.10s, the gains are noticeable.
meant to say "thus the higher times", but i guess you all got the point

gears

Ruckus46Gt said:
in the 1/4.....went 14.2 with 4.10s, catback, 18" rims with street tires. Then added a prochamber and went 13.97. Then put on a 17" drag radial and went 13.5

Great numbers. The prochamber helped a pile too, it looks like. Can you tell me 60' times and 1/8 mile times for each. Thanks.