E303 cam advance off?? Any help? thanks

12:1 is rich for a n/a combo, 13.5 is where it should be. keep the 30lbers on there, just drop the pressure to reduce the fuel flow, 28-30 psi would be close. if your a/f ratio is stable across the rpm band then a chip would be a waste of $$, just use the fuel pressure and base timing to get it tuned.

• Sponsors (?)

The computer does adjust the open loop w.o.t. scalars over time as well in response to data it has stored over time. The only way to be certain it's responding as you intended to your pressure changes is to clear the battery (computer learned memory) each time you start it, and then, not to drive it for too long as it starts changing things - obviously in closed loop, and in open loop as well. That or get a chip/twEECer and change the scalars in the table or alter the maf parameters. I believe the latter is the proper way to go about it.

degreeing cam

Hi,

I just got my stuff in from summit. FMS timing chain and pro degree wheel. So can you still tell me how to degree a cam? I have e303 cam that I want to advance 4*, hopefully, as long as now there is no p to v clearance issues with the 1.72 roller rockers. thanks, mike

degreed...

mancuso4130 said:
Hi,

I just got my stuff in from summit. FMS timing chain and pro degree wheel. So can you still tell me how to degree a cam? I have e303 cam that I want to advance 4*, hopefully, as long as now there is no p to v clearance issues with the 1.72 roller rockers. thanks, mike

The FMS Cams are cut as advertised... or if it says 110 C/L it is 110 !! or 107, it is 107 Cool?? ( at least ALL the FMS cams I have degreed to check....) The FMS timing chain is also correct !! SOOoooo.. the easyway with the FMS stuff!! Install the cam as usual, the crankshaft goes in the 4* mark, there is a mark on the crank gear... see it!! there is one at every notch on the gear!! the 2* has one as well as the 4* 6* ...cool?? set the cam dot to the 4* dot and your rocking!! See the attached!! Now if it wasnt the FMS cam and t/chain.. to degree and check the cam for the correct intake center line... I would go to Comp cams or Crower, or any major cam grinders web and they will step by step you thru the process!! Cool??and then you will want to find the center line and then work from there!! NOMATTER wht the cam is ground on... the closer to TDC the more lowend you will build!! E is on a 110 c/l you want to install it closer to TDC for more low end!! then when you advance it 4*, it is now in at 106* !! Hope this helps!!

Just me.........................

Thumper