educate me...

crispy

Dec 20, 2003
az
Ok guys, I have been a diehard Chevy guy all my life, I have owned several Camaro's etc. Anyways I just sold my 90Iroc and in a couple months am looking to try something new and planning on getting a newer GT 01-03 or so. I really don't know a whole lot about stangs so what should I know/need to know when looking to buy one? All I really know is that it has to be a 5spd and I don't want it to be red :). All the cars I have had I have built myself, just no fords, so I will being doing all the mods etc myself, what are good mods to start out with cheap/free mods? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Just keep reading these forums and you will become pretty well mustang educated.

I suggest you get a 2003 Cobra. :D

Typical Mustang modifications would include, but are not limited to:

Under-drive pulley's
Timing Adjuster
Rear Gears
Short throw Shifter
ECT...

Check out:
www.steeda.com

I dunno if you dudes have seen that one video of the kid in New Jersey with an 03 cobra..( I think its off a p-p) anyway...he opened the exhaust up a little and pulley'd the sc to 12psi and picked up like a net gain of 90 hp. Badass

One thing that might help you decide what to do now would be to decide how you plan on running your mustang in the future. Do you plan on staying N/A or are you going to use a power adder?

Bo